Grove City, PA
Grove City Share
Uploaded By: jblough Hole #5 (Taken 6/2012)

Get a quick 9 in if you're in the area

2-4    6/13/2013   6/14/2013
Review By: BigAl724
Pros: -Beautifully maintained town park, no tall grass which is great for this time of the year
-Easy to find successive holes
-Bathrooms
-Designers did a great job using the park layout to set up this course. Couldn't have been designed much better considering what they had to work with
-Plenty of parking
-I was pleasantly surprised to see about ten other people playing throughout the course of time that I was there. That's a good number for a park and an area like this.
-I liked the use of the hill for holes 8 and 9.
Cons: -While there weren't many people using the park later than 7 p.m. (when I was there), I can see foot traffic being a big issue. Course plays near the road on most of the holes.
-Pins were low to the ground, which threw me off at first. While one could argue that this adds variety to your game, I enjoy when pins and tees are "standard". Which leads me to:
-Tees were woodchips but pretty beaten up so were almost dirt tees. They were a little muddy because of the rain that day, and weren't perfectly even
-Can't say too much about the shot selection. While the designers did a good job placing the pins, most of the shots are open, often using a mid. A few obstacles here and there come into play, however.
Other Thoughts: Good to get through if you don't have a ton of time. So even though it isn't the most exciting course, it is worth playing if have a little extra time. Plus, you can hit up Slippery Rock and Moraine if you have time. Only about 15 from Moraine. I had a little tough time finding the first tee, but if you go to the course map kiosk, it will direct you to it.

1-Simple hyzer
2-Straight shot through some trees
3-Most challenging hole on the course. Tough anhyzer with a lot of pine trees into play. I threw over the tall pine trees, which works too.
4-Open, slight anhyzer

A New Course in GC

1    7/11/2011   7/11/2011
Review By: rhelt100
This review was updated on 7/20/2011
Pros: This course, while short, provides a few unique shot opportunities. All holes are fairly short so this, combined with some odds shot requirements, makes for some great practice. I did notice an abundant number of holes that favor left handers.
We also noticed that the baskets felt huge compared to what we're used to. For the more experienced players who can accurately throw 300-350 feet, this is an Ace Race.
Disc golf aside, there is some excellent scenery near the last few holes that makes for an excellent chill spot out of the sun.
Cons: This course weaves throughout a fairly wide open park. On busy days, this place gets incredibly crowded. This can make for a few agonizing shots in the vicinity of illegally parked cars. Today, we had several cars parked within five feet of one of the baskets and had to use an alternate tee at one where a motorcycle was parked right in front of the tee pad. I think this course does a fairly good job of weaving around the areas that people congregate. A few well placed "No Parking" signs would help a ton.
Other Thoughts: Worth playing if you're from the area. This place is excellent for practicing your approach shots for longer courses.
All in all, this is a fun course but I would consider playing at times when the park isn't packed.

7/20 After playing this course several times, the course has grown on me a lot. There are several holes with interesting lines and find myself trying different approaches. #3, #6 & #8 are holes I look forward to.#3 & #8 because tricky lines can result if easy birdies if the throw is just right. #6 because it's a wide open hole that just begs you to throw a long anhyzer all the way to the basket.