Casa Grande, AZ
Casa Grande DGC - College Park Share
Uploaded By: Goon13 Hole #4 (Taken 12/2011)
3 / 174ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #4 Approach

Home Of The World's Tiniest Tee pads!

1    5/27/2013   5/29/2013
Pros: The park is fairly small with with a smattering of mature trees, a picnic shelter, and a shallow indentation running down the middle of the park. The designers have taken advantage of this indentation by placing two baskets in it and adding some variety to the course. Due to the small size of the park, the course is forced to play as a pitch and putt. There just isn't any more room.

The tee pads are 18" x 18" concrete blocks sunk in the ground. They once were painted with the hole information but that information has since worn off. Now they proudly wear the title of the world's tiniest tee pads. Actually, I'm not sure if they were ever intended to be pads or not but it's definitely a distinct possibility. And the Guinness Book Of World Records has certified them as such as of January 15, 2010.

At this time (May 2013) someone has planted laminated tee signs on sticks. I doubt very much whether they will last too long.
The course provides a couple of fun ACE runs. It forces you to throw hysers around the trees.

One of the baskets in the center of the indented gully is partially hidden and ends up being a pretty disc golf hole in this, otherwise, pretty standard little community park course.
Cons: It's fairly short without a great deal of challenge. The nine holes do not complete the whole circle around the park. You start in one corner and finish on the street side.
There are no tee pads although I don't believe the amount of player usage merits the expense of concrete pads here. Besides, on most of the holes, very little run-up is needed.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed this little course and would keep coming back if I lived anywhere close. It's green, shaded, is a quick round and provides some ACE runs. I like all of these attributes in my courses and the shade and green grass are would keep me coming back to a course, especially here in the Southwest desert country.

Small but fun

2-4    12/22/2011   12/23/2011
Review By: Sunday Mike
Pros: This course is very easy to find. The drive down from Phoenix was super quick.
The course is very easy to navigate. I printed up a map and had no problem at all finding my way around.
The use of space is incredible. I like all the large trees in the park..not what I expected for Casa Grande.
There is a lot of room for creating alternate tee shots. My friends and I played through 4 complete rounds and we had a plethora of alternate shots.
It's very clean, very few people. Just a nice walk in the park.
Cons: Only 9 baskets and it is short, short, short. Hole-s 3-5 are all 174' or 175'.
The challenge factor just is not very high.
No tee pads, just markers.
There are no amenities in the park. No water fountains, no bathrooms, and only 1 trash-can that I saw in the whole park. There is also not a parking lot--just park on the street or in the dirt area across the street.
Other Thoughts: Depsite the length of this course (and the lack of amenities), I enjoyed it a lot and I WILL be back.
If you go,design your own alternates. However the ones that work best are, using the map from this website, just play backwards: 9 to 8, 8 to 7, etc., until you throw 1 to 9 and your done. There are also several shorties going this way, but the amount of trees gives you alot of choices for more difficult shots with teeny tiny little windows. One of my favorites was shooting to the 3 basket from just off the north edge of the park from underneath a palo verde tree, Lots of fun!!
I think that because they only have tee markers it would be easy to put in another set of 9 (or even 18) new markers to make this course even more fun. Well done Casa Grande!!

Pleasant Surprise

1    7/22/2011   8/3/2011
Review By: lion
Pros: Set in a nice clean park. Holes have plenty of grass and trees for shade. Course takes advantage of the full park. Holes are right and left hand friendly. The course has a good variety of distances and looks. Baskets are new and nice. Teepads are marked with stones in the ground and are easy to locate. The grass teepads don't take away from the course.
Cons: Hole 8 plays a little close to a play ground.
No set parking lot and no shade for your cars.
Arrows or tee signs above ground could help some navigate easier. No multiple tees, course could easily have 2-3 spots on each hole.
Other Thoughts: I think this would be a great course to practice on and play casual rounds on. I would imagine alot of locals also have many alternate layouts for this course. I could think of a few alternate layouts for this course. I suggest playing this course in the evening during the summer.