Churchville, MD
Churchville 6 Share
Uploaded By: Soup Hole #2 (Taken 7/2011)

Great for kids

1    6/1/2012   6/1/2012
Review By: prerube
Pros: 2 beautifully designed holes at this course were the inspiration for my home course.
One of the best places in Maryland to introduce children to the sport, also a neat place for an ace race.
Cons: No long holes to air out your driver.
only 6 holes
Had a little trouble navigating the first time, but very simple after that, no need for a map or guide.
Other Thoughts: No need to bring anything but a putter, maybe a mid for players throwing less distance who still want to go for the ace.
This course is a 5 star course for what it was built for: 1) to be visible to hundreds of new people who visit the Churchville rec center
2. ) to provide a safe area to teach children disc golf. 3.) to give the locals an uncrowded practice area.

Course Record = 12?

1    8/19/2011   8/20/2011
Review By: Crooow
Pros: Brand new baskets catch very well. Nice park with restroom facilities. Easy to find. If not busy, could make up safari holes that might have some challenge. Tee posts have distance marked.
Cons: Only 6 holes; very short; pretty much 6 baskets in open field. No tee pads but then again, not really needed. Crossover gets swampy.
Other Thoughts: I shot a round and scored a 13 - I hit the only tree on #3 and missed the long putt for my only 3 (and I'm not very good). I hit the basket on #4 which was my favorite of the holes. I'm sure someone has shot a 12 by now if not better. Playing #4 and #5 repeatedly is more fun than playing all 6. I know people are saying that it is good for its intended purpose; I see the elementary school across the road and think it would be great for that target audience. But a review here is to inform disc golfers whether it is worth playing this and I would say that if you are nearby (say cruising down I-95) - sure it's a pleasant 10 minutes. But I wouldn't go off the track to play it. And if the target audience is complete beginners than hole #6 should not play that close to a fenced off area - beginners will not appreciate losing their own disc.
I'm not saying that the course should be dismantled or anything - it is great for people just learning the game. I just want to warn experienced golfers that it is a toy course.

Good for what it is

5+    7/16/2011   7/29/2011
Review By: Natural
This review was updated on 1/21/2012
Pros: Fun little course to play. Brand new baskets and tee posts with footage on them. Good use of limited area.
The course does a great job for what it was designed for, the beginner and to introduce people to the game. Great place to bring the kids. Rec Center building has bathrooms and vending machines.
Cons: Limited space only allows for 6 holes. Road runs along right side of hole 3, has pine trees to help prevent disc from entering roadway. But, it's still possible to get one there with a bad shot. Thick underbrush on left side of 5. Tends to get muddy in the wet season.
Other Thoughts: If you're an experienced player, I suggest playing with a Super Class disc. I threw my first round with a Super Class disc here. Have to say that was a lot of fun, a very different experience. Located right behind Churchville Rec, disc golf is in the view of a lot of fresh eyes, some of them with pull in the county. Lots of other activities to do while here, playground, tennis courts, horseshoe pits, baseball and soccer fields, grills, and a pavilion.