Smithville, MO
Paradise Pointe - Woodhenge Share
Uploaded By: dickparker Hole #10 (Taken 11/2011)

1    6/16/2013   6/20/2013
Review By: lammogn
Pros: -Mixture of different types of scenery and shots> some wide open holes, some tight tunnels.
-Parking lot sits perfectly between 18th basket and 1st tee.
-Bathrooms present
-Well kept, grass is mowed, trees aren't laying all over the place, trashcans aren't overflowing.
-Trashcans on almost every hole.
-Covers a lot of area making no chance of flying your disc in front of other golfers.
-Forces you to think out the hole in its entirety before making your tee shot.
Cons: -Some holes have some trees in somewhat suspect locations making some shots too pinpoint.
-A couple holes run parallel with the street which shouldn't be a problem but may want to keep your eyes open anyway.
Other Thoughts: -The native grasses are brutal. My buddy lost a disc in the grasses and we looked for thirty minutes for it with no luck. In fact, while we were looking, I was walking and about two feet in front of me, a massive doe jumped up and ran away. Crazy deep stuff.
-When I got to the car, I had to pull off about 25 ticks, which is expected when you're in nature.
-Though its closeness to the lake ensures cooler temps, it also ensures humidity>>Bring water to drink.
-Hole 15 is a great photo-op. I took a pretty nice panoramic shot from mid fairway.

Date: 6/20/2013 Designer Response by: dickparker
I'm glad you enjoyed the course. As for your suspect trees, I'm sure you are referring to hole 5 in particular. At some point I will be modifying this hole to take some of the luck out. The fact is, Smithville sees a lot of high winds and extreme weather. I left many trees in place due to the fact that if I started taking out trees, one day mother nature might take a few more and be left with a lackluster hole. But I get what you are saying.

As far as the grass is concerned, Smithville Lake has a hay lease with farmers. So that tall grass needs to grow for them to turn into hay bales at the end of the season. I look at the tall grass as OB. Make it a lynx style course if you will. But in all honesty... I hate the ticks and sorry your buddy lost his disc.

Thank you for the review.

1    1/5/2013   1/5/2013
Review By: astomps
Pros: + Top notch piece of land
+ Brand new baskets
+ Navigation is super easy because of all the signs
+ Good balance of short/wooded/long holes
+ everything is new and it's not one of the workhorse KC courses, so it should stay nice
Cons: - windy
- somewhat repetitive
Other Thoughts: lots of wildlife running around. Saw 4 deers when I played. Worth 5 dollars just to play this course.

1    11/7/2012   12/30/2012
Review By: SpikeHyzer
Pros: - The park is very well maintained and clean
- Good facilities
- Nice teepads
- Good use of the land near the lake
Cons: - A lot of the same style of shots
- A few of the tee shots are a little fluky
- A few basket placements are suspect
Other Thoughts: If they would clear a few more trees on some of the holes, it would make the course play a lot better. If I were in the Smithville area again, I would probably play this course again, but I wouldn't make a special trip out there.

Tough Golf

2-4    9/8/2012   7/2/2012
Review By: asjzn6
This review was updated on 9/19/2012
Pros: Great Baskets, Great Teesigns. Lots of space on Teepads. Sweet shelter next to #1 tee with showers and all. What I enjoyed most about this course is diversity. Hole 1 starts with a tough par 4. You will have to be creative on your 2nd shot no matter how good your first is. Hole 2 nice reprieve from toughness. Hole 3 long and longer if you cant make it out of the shoot. Hole 4 nice little over the top shot dont go left of right, Hole 5 is not my favorite. Plays like a par 4 but distance of a 3 Just be smart. Hole 6 tight fairway with bail out green to the left pin to the right. Hole 7 (one of my favorites) Called 7 on 7. The hole go 280ft up hill fairly open then 90 degree turn into a tunnel shot 290ft down hill. good luck getting a 3. Hole 8 and 9 get your 2s while you have a chance. the other side of the street things get long. 10 and 11 place your drives well and make the upshots easy. hole 12 straight forward 2. Hole 13, well now here is a hole. Out of the 100ft shoot to wide open field play down toward the cove and then back up into the woods (watch out for water dwellers on nice days). Hole 15 takes you out toward the point and past the 'Woodhenge' site the course is named after. Hole 16 dubbed 'Pebble beach' you will see why when you play it. 17' last chance for a 2 and 18 plays out toward the marina. Not wasnt that a workout
Cons: It is not closer to my house. Repeat first con. I wish Practice basket #1 tee and 18 basket were all closer.
Other Thoughts: A course plan of action is needed for every hole. Do not take this course lightly it will get you everytime. But a must play in north KC. Also, play the other 2 on this property. Just like blackthorne play tall grass OB when you can

Fun and Challenging

1    7/1/2012   7/1/2012
Review By: rfdiscer32
Pros: Great tee signs
Amazing use of land
Lake comes into play multiple times
Challenging but fair holes (makes par a good score)
Par 62!
You must play smart golf to succeed.
Cons: More trash cans (this is being picky)
Other Thoughts: I shot 1 under course par and was happy with that (950 rated currently).