Smithville, MO
Paradise Pointe - Woodhenge Share
Uploaded By: oldmandowntheroad Hole #8 (Taken 4/2014)

Tough

1    7/7/2014   7/8/2014
Review By: hnosaj
Pros: Diverse mix of holes, lot of tough shots, mix of long and short, perfectly maintained fairways, extrememly clean, beautiful setting
Cons: Chest high rough and some of the most dense undergrowth in the wooded areas I've ever seen. We spent a ton of time looking for discs.
Other Thoughts: We'll play this again in the future but probably stick with early spring, late fall or winter. It would probably be better in the summer after they cut down the rough for hay.

1    6/16/2013   6/20/2013
Review By: lammogn
Pros: -Mixture of different types of scenery and shots> some wide open holes, some tight tunnels.
-Parking lot sits perfectly between 18th basket and 1st tee.
-Bathrooms present
-Well kept, grass is mowed, trees aren't laying all over the place, trashcans aren't overflowing.
-Trashcans on almost every hole.
-Covers a lot of area making no chance of flying your disc in front of other golfers.
-Forces you to think out the hole in its entirety before making your tee shot.
Cons: -Some holes have some trees in somewhat suspect locations making some shots too pinpoint.
-A couple holes run parallel with the street which shouldn't be a problem but may want to keep your eyes open anyway.
Other Thoughts: -The native grasses are brutal. My buddy lost a disc in the grasses and we looked for thirty minutes for it with no luck. In fact, while we were looking, I was walking and about two feet in front of me, a massive doe jumped up and ran away. Crazy deep stuff.
-When I got to the car, I had to pull off about 25 ticks, which is expected when you're in nature.
-Though its closeness to the lake ensures cooler temps, it also ensures humidity>>Bring water to drink.
-Hole 15 is a great photo-op. I took a pretty nice panoramic shot from mid fairway.

Date: 6/20/2013 Designer Response by: dickparker
I'm glad you enjoyed the course. As for your suspect trees, I'm sure you are referring to hole 5 in particular. At some point I will be modifying this hole to take some of the luck out. The fact is, Smithville sees a lot of high winds and extreme weather. I left many trees in place due to the fact that if I started taking out trees, one day mother nature might take a few more and be left with a lackluster hole. But I get what you are saying.

As far as the grass is concerned, Smithville Lake has a hay lease with farmers. So that tall grass needs to grow for them to turn into hay bales at the end of the season. I look at the tall grass as OB. Make it a lynx style course if you will. But in all honesty... I hate the ticks and sorry your buddy lost his disc.

Thank you for the review.

1    1/5/2013   1/5/2013
Review By: astomps
Pros: + Top notch piece of land
+ Brand new baskets
+ Navigation is super easy because of all the signs
+ Good balance of short/wooded/long holes
+ everything is new and it's not one of the workhorse KC courses, so it should stay nice
Cons: - windy
- somewhat repetitive
Other Thoughts: lots of wildlife running around. Saw 4 deers when I played. Worth 5 dollars just to play this course.