Shelby, MI
Flip City Disc Golf Park Share
Uploaded By: DirtyMittenDG Hole #1 (Taken 5/2010)

1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 Wanna go to Flip?

5+    11/16/2008   1/20/2009
Review By: Qual
Pros: 45 mins. from Muskegon, Private, Basically in the middle of nowhere, Cement tees, Pin placement is unmatched, Fairways and rough are very well defined, 24 hole layout, Bill keeps this course looking excellent especially around the time of the Farm Classic in late July early August, Summer Leagues.
Cons: Bring bugspray in the summer.
Other Thoughts: If your on the westside of Michigan, Flip and Ludington (Mason County Park/Leviathan) are where it's at. Flip City Rocks!

My Fav

5+    1/10/2009   1/13/2009
Review By: adidas1986
Pros: This course is by far my favorite course out of all the courses that I have thrown in my area. It is a great course for those who are just starting out, or if you are a pro. It's fun and very challenging at the same time. It has a very good selection of holes that span from short, long, blind holes, trees and no trees. This course has just alittle bit of everything to offer. This is the course that I started on when I first started to throw here this past spring. Nice thing about this course is that with being my favorite it is only 10 minutes from me and can go when ever I like.
Cons: Make sure in the summer that you have bug spray, other than that this course is awesome.

Home Sweet Home

5+    1/10/2009   1/10/2009
Review By: Todd C. Lewis
Pros: This is like everybody's home course. You know the one you could play every day of the week and never get tired of it! Pin placement is unmatched, this is a thinking players course. Beautiful to say the least, it's obvious this has been a lifetime labor of love. Every person who is passionate about this sport deserves to play Flip City at least one time in there lives. I would vacation there myself... Thanks Bill!
Cons: The only con is the price of gas to get there. See a piece of Flip on this video on youtube. Disc Golf Life #1

Other Thoughts: All the time everytime I look forward to returning to Flip City. It's the Home Sweet Home of Disc Golfers. Isolated in the back country, we is free! No worrys, It's just us disc golfers here.

Flip City#1

5+    11/15/2008   11/17/2008
Review By: DAN E.
This review was updated on 5/14/2009
Pros: Lots of open space to learn your discs driving capabilitys,plenty of obsticles,blind holes,pins in the middle of hills,pins behind trees,pins wide open.Good place to learn what every thing in your bag does.Every hole I love and every hole I hate.Well maintained is an understatment.With the choises I have in Oceana,Mason,Muskegon and Newago countys this is my favorite.
Cons: Michigan Weather.
Other Thoughts: Moving 5a ,5, and 14 is a great change.Hole markers are in place,and look great.3 more holes would be awsome.

Nice

5+    10/15/2008   11/15/2008
Review By: DiscBiscuit
Pros: People make the difference.
Bill- Opens his land for disc golf paradise.
Golfers- Contribute work and effort to
create shelters, and other intresting things
to look at.
Cons: Sore legs from climbing hills, jk
Other Thoughts: I hope you can get here.

5+    8/30/2008   11/4/2008
Review By: amusedbum
Pros: This is one of the most spectacular courses I have ever played. The pin placements are challanging forcing you to make a risk reward decision on many of your putts.
There are a great variety of shots off the tee with a good ballance for lefties and righties.
This course is also very well maintained. Bill spends an increadable amount of time mowing and manicuring this beautiful gem.
Cons: I have to dive 10+ hours to get there
Other Thoughts: Thank you Bill! I have never felt more welcome at a course in my 30 years of playing this sport.

Flip

5+    11/2/2008   11/3/2008
Review By: RonRoc
Pros: Great layout, classic design, variety of shots, well kept, something different over every crest.
Cons: poison ivy in summer....
Other Thoughts: This course is top notch and will get even more exposure with the addition of cement tee's (and this website). Can't wait to play it again.

Diamond in the Rough

5+    9/3/2002   11/3/2008
Review By: Dooley
Pros: Excellent layout with multiple elevation changes. Huge drives, tight approaches, nice baskets! Extra holes! Welcoming host!
Cons: Weather! Not far enough from Lake Michigan Coastline to predict weather. Or course where in Michigan can you? There really isn't anything bad to say about Flip
Other Thoughts: I've attended one of their overnight camping disc golf weekends! Its a must do for any disc golf fan.

Words cannot describe...but I'll try

1    10/21/2008   10/21/2008
Review By: geocachenut
Pros: Awesome layout...I admit I have only been playing for a month, I don't have much to go by, but.....this is one of the most beautiful pieces of land I have ever been to, and I only live 15 minutes away. I did not get the owners name, because we were too busy talking about throwing disks, but this guy has definately got an awesome thing going...keep up the great work!!!
Cons: Yea, right...
Other Thoughts: come check out the fall leaves and scenery!!

5+    7/25/2008   10/21/2008
Review By: Mark R
This review was updated on 11/30/2009
Pros: Open fairways with defined rough areas on most holes that offer many opportunities for power throws. Great cement tee pads. Varied layout with a minority of wooded holes (some holes, like 8 and 13, are both wide open and wooded), 24 total holes, beautiful course. Hole 2A is a 670 foot mostly-open, slightly-downhill with two 'humps' and some tree obstacles. Holes 1A, 3, 6 and especially Hole 11 have great hilltop tees with stunning fairways that are second to none. Terrific maintenance. A private park, some times empty. Porta-jon at back of course is well-kept, an important bonus for female players. Huts at intersection of 8 and 14, as well as Hole 2A provide shelter in case of rain. Rock formations have neo-mystic qualities. Nifty tee signs added in 2009 resolve previous navigation issues. Tons of fun for any player. On site camping allowed.
Cons: Eliminate and replace 5, 10, 17 and 18 and this course would be perfect (i.e. out of reach for basically any competition). However, even this is disputed by some who like short and/or blind holes. If one of the only cons for a course is having to drive eight to ten miles for water, food or beer, you know you're in the right place.
Other Thoughts: A reason to get up in the morning. Highly recommended, not a just a case of loyalty for my home state. Course was impeccable on 7/3/2009 after Bill finished mowing the entire course, making Holes 2A and 11 virtually perfect. Out of the 40-plus courses I've played, nothing matches this course, even others which are first-rate.

1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20