Shelby, MI
Flip City Disc Golf Park Share
Uploaded By: tomjulio Hole #11
View back towards the tee from rock sculpture hole #11. Basket #10 on left ledge.

1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next >
 Almost Heaven!

7/11/2008   7/11/2008
Review By: Andy Hlavac
Pros: This is one of the top two courses I have ever played (Idlewild in northern Kentucky being the other). Flip City is less challenging than Idlewild, but more scenic and unique. The course designer, who we met after our round, is friendly and obviously cares very much about his creation. He must spend some serious $$$ to mow the extensive fairways and greens, so please donate some funds to his noble cause. The best part of this course is the array of rock gardens! Previous players have assembled boulders, pebbles, and marbles into stone sculptures. Some of these formations have grown into 10-ft. towers. We added stones to the piles as we played and contributed to this cool phenomenon. Go to Flip City and check out our work!
Cons: Many mosquitos...bring bug spray. No sign posts at the tees, but course maps are available at hole #1, so this was not a problem.
Other Thoughts: Cement tee pads are installed. Wind chimes are hung at various points in the course....adding to the atmosphere of the course. Finally, bring a Sharpie marker to sign the shelter at hole #12. Represent your 'hood! Cincy What?!?!

Best of the Best ( FLIP CITY ROLLERS!)

5+    7/4/2008   7/7/2008
Review By: sgamerp
This review was updated on 8/29/2013
Pros: So, I've played this course about 100 times, and figured it was time to revamp my review as this was the 3rd review I ever made and set it up horribly.

Long Teepads on every hole (some have a little bit of damage but to my knowledge these are being fixed soon)

Attention to detail. This is one of those courses that is worked on by one man, and it's the most beautiful course I've seen. From the basket on 11 (seen from 12 and 1a meeting spot) to Flip City in the grass by hole 1. The fairways are always top notch and always getting better. The rock structures are awesome.

Experience, this is one of those courses I have camped at number (10 bucks a night for rustic camping per person) and it's a great time. Bill will come and take at your camp fire, plus waking up to play one of the best courses in Michigan is awesome.

Disc golf only. This course is not in a park it's on Bills land so it's only disc golf happening here.

Seating at most holes. I think only a hand full of holes don't have a place to sit.

Trash cans, Just like benches a lot of trash cans here, please don't litter.

Basket placement. I think about half the holes here have a chance to roll away (Flip City Rollers!)
Cons: For Pros holes are kind of short, but still the basket placement is soo good that even a missed put can add a stroke or two to some of the best.

No Tee signs (however there are maps and I really think the poles with the hole number adds to the field of dreams feeling)

No Dogs (I don't own a dog, but I understand why this rule is in place. He uses lawn care that can hurt animals and people weren't cleaning up after there pets)
Other Thoughts: There is a donation box by the score cards, i think everyone should throw something in there because it's defiantly worth it. Bill is an awesome guy, I can't wait to have my next trip up here.

Leagues are Wednesday at 6 PM during the summer, do not come then unless you want to play, as the park closes.

No Dogs, Please clean up after yourself, don't leave cans/butts/trash on the ground.

I've played 60 courses and maybe it's part homer, but I love this course. I look forward to playing it every time, and it seems like playing it with someone different opens so many new windows and ways to go about each hole.

5+    8/18/2007   6/13/2008
Review By: TimSyl
This review was updated on 11/30/2012
Pros: Course will test every shot in your bag. Unbelievable variety of holes. Elevation changes throughout. Owner has put many years into building a disc paradise. Unique rock formations everywhere.
Cons: None
Other Thoughts: Might sound corny, but until you've experienced Flip City, you're not a disc golfer.

WOW!

7/6/2004   11/15/2007
Review By: JoePublic
Pros: What a course! This place is beautiful, I havent been in a few years since leaving Michigan, but this couorse is Top-notch. Beautiful terrain and forest, hard-work to keep the course in great condition (especially during tourney time) and an amazing community. Dont miss out on this one if your in the area.
Cons: Might have to make contact with the owner before visiting. Easy as making a phne call to let him know your coming out.
Other Thoughts: One of my Top 5 in the US.

1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next >