Shelby, MI
Flip City Disc Golf Park Share
Uploaded By: sgamerp Hole #11 (Taken 7/2008)
Rock formations made by the course owner and other disc golfers who visit

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21
 flip city

1    6/11/2012   6/19/2012
Review By: alimagnetbomber
Pros: great course with a variety of shots. cool stone scultures and scenery. loved the mowed paths through the rough made finding discs alot easier.
Cons: teepads need work very small and very beat up. a few holes are just poke and pray. Personally wouldnt put this course in my top 5.

You can't be unhappy here

2-4    6/17/2012   6/18/2012
Review By: Grublam
Pros: More variety then any other course I have ever played.

Course is so well maintained that its incredibly diffecult to loose a disc there.

Beautiful Stone towers stacked all over the course.

Camping available on site for 10$ a person.

The owner helped us put up our massive tent and got his other friends, who are now invited to my wedding, to help also.

In the middle of no where, so there isn't a lot of traffic on the course.

Disc golf Perfection!
Cons: Unfortunately with the perfect use of elevation changes some may get tired playing this course due to walking up and down. But, that would be entirely there fault for not being decently in shape.
Other Thoughts: I went there for my bachelor party. Met two other people who were the most generous people I've ever met. They gave us clothes to wear, discs to keep, bathing options, beer, vodka, tent help, course tour guides, and we never even knew them before we got there. Crazy. Thanks Jason and Jessica.

Got to play it!

1    6/17/2012   6/17/2012
Review By: cmchavis
Pros: There are plenty of reviews stating the amenities and the good parts of the course. So there isn't much to add so I will list some of the things that stood out.

Of course, Bill has put a tremendous amount of time into the course and it shows. The fairways are clean and clear - the rough is pretty easy to navigate too.

Some of the 'touches' I liked were:

- the directional teepads. They narrow at the front - and give a good indication of where the basket is located.

- The holes, while many of them are short, are usually protected by trees, rocks.

- The transition from 11->1A and back from 6A->12 is very well thought out. The course flows well overall. The only issue I had that I had to refer to the map too is 13->14. Right next to 13 is the tee for 10 and if you aren't paying attention, you'll probably head the wrong direction since pretty much all the other baskets and tee pads are right next to each other.

- The course is very clean - there were _no_ cigarette butts that I could see.

Loved seeing all the signatures on all the sheds that have been erected.
Cons: Not the course itself and the course info does mention it, but the deer flies are killer. Mosquitoes do not bother me, but I was eaten alive by the deer flies - DEET didn't scare them away either.

Mentioned this as a Pro, but looking at the hole lengths this is important to note. Many of the holes are short, but even the short ones have plenty of trees guarding the baskets. Without the trees most of these would be quick 2s.

I played minutes after it rained and it would have been nice to have bag hooks available. There are some concrete 'blocks' around many of the holes to set a bag down on and there are some benches around on other holes though.

Other Thoughts: They don't affect the game, unless you are hitting them - but I love all the rock cairn's around the place. They are all over, in many sizes.

This isn't really a pro or a con, but the layout is really setup for 18-24 holes. There are no front and back 9. There is a trail off of 6 tee pad to bring you to 15 if you just want to play 9 holes though. But once you pass that, you are playing 18 or 24 unless you want to go safari. Because of this layout, there isn't a quick stop at the car after 9 - once you are out, you are committed - bring drinks and maybe a snack.

Both a pro and a con - while there are pro/am/jr tees - the am/jr are just marked with rocks. I appreciate the additional shorter tees, but the rocks aren't as nice as the concrete tees.

I listed the cleanliness as a pro - there were plenty of bottle caps. I think I picked up 30-40 and tossed them. He has a no glass containers sign posted, but that seemed to have been largely ignored. The trash bins are full of beer bottles, so at least they are making their way into the bins and not into the woods.

The family brought me out for a Father's day present - much better than a tie. Drove 3 hours to get here and it was worth it.

Flip is really close to some other great courses in the area too.

I don't care who finds this helpful

1    6/13/2012   6/13/2012
Review By: Lightman
Pros: Great elevation shots.
Tremendous aesthetic appeal.
I drove 2 hours there and 2 hours back, spending $50 in gas and paying a dollar to play and it was totally worth it.
Cons: I wish it was closer
Other Thoughts: I might move closer to this course.

Welcome to Heaven

2-4    4/30/2012   5/15/2012
Review By: Mac423
Pros: It is the disc golf promise land. Without a doubt, the only 5 ill ever give.
Cons: There shouldnt even be a "cons" section for Flip
Other Thoughts: With all the reviews on here covering the course, not much else needs to be said, except: get to Flip

Great Course

5+    6/4/2011   5/4/2012
Review By: badmidget
Pros: Everything. Great Tee Pads, Great Baskets, Great Course Design, Great Scenery... Great Course.
Cons: It's in the middle of no where, so first-timers might have a difficult time finding it.

There are no stores nearby, so bring drinks, snacks with you.
Other Thoughts: This course is on a guy's private property. The first hole is in his front yard... He's awesome for maintaining it all and letting everyone play on his land... Not to mention he created a phenomenal course!

And then I saw the light...

1    8/20/2011   12/28/2011
Review By: Wolfpackdiscs
Pros: I have always heard about Flip. Finally got a chance to play this summer with DJ Hunt, Ric Hunt, RC Hunt, and Travis Smith. I was blown away with every aspect of the course. First of all the fact that i saw ZERO cigarette butts on the course except in designated areas made me so happy. The course is challenging, exciting, fun, and beautiful all within the first 3 holes. The hills make it more of a challenge and the people on the course were all respectful. Bring your big boy (or girl) arm because their is some long shots. But most of all BRING A CAMERA!
Cons: ...um...i could have shot better? No cons

Flippin' Nuts

5+    9/20/2011   12/19/2011
Review By: discflinger
This review was updated on 1/3/2012
Pros: Bill's pin placement is top notch. Almost every placement offers challenges. Aside from the beauty and the "ambiance" this is what makes this course great. Also, Bill has not forgotten a thing on this beauty. The up keep is phenomenal. Even when it's muddy you'll find him out there putting dirt down on the driveway. Everything is marked like no other place on Earth. Enjoy the shelters! Don't turn into a witch and fly off on the brooms like I did. Shots are varied and challenging. It helps to have a big arm on this course, but it's not necessary to have a good time or score.
Cons: Really? You want me to say something bad about Flip? Forget it...
Other Thoughts: Wonderful story about the course being Bill's family farm and has been there since the 70s though just receiving baskets in 98, I believe. He's given us all such a gift. Was disappointed to hear that some people who played a glow earlier in the year left some trash out on the course. I think they may have ruined the glow experience for some, but this place needs to be treated with respect. We are all guests.

1    9/4/2011   9/6/2011
Review By: nohr
Pros: Lots of elevation changes. Beautiful course maintenance.
Cons: Every course I have played I can list negatives for. I am not going to list the negatives for this course because the positives vastly outweigh the negatives.
Other Thoughts: I have played blue ribbon pines and highbridge courses before playing this. Flip city is truly one of the best courses in the country. It was worth the 8 hour drive from Iowa to enjoy 2 quick rounds at this gem. I look forward to playing this course again.

Amazing!

1    6/25/2011   8/29/2011
Review By: jimmie51
Pros: Wow Wow Wow! beautiful course, amazingly taken care of. You can tell that Bill loves his course by the condition it is is. The lay out is challenging, but is forgiving at the same time. Tee pads are solid. They are skinny and I have an odd run up so I thought it was going to be an issue. To my plesant suprise I had plenty of room for my run up width and length wise. A must play course no matter where you live.
Cons: Cons? Seriously? not one to be found accept it's in Bills backyard instead of mine.
Other Thoughts: The course has a lot of elevation changes and is a work out. It is one of the most fun courses I have ever played. I smiled the whole time I was there. I met Bill briefly and what a humble and great guy. If your a avid disc golfer you know that it's not always about the score. I swear i could bogie every hole and leave Flip City the happiest guy I know.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21