Fort Atkinson, WI
Ft. Atkinson High School DGC Share

Atkinson Schmatkinson

1    10/30/2011   10/30/2011
This review was updated on 11/2/2011
Pros: 1) Nice DGA Baskets, installed correctly and level.

2) Beginner friendly because it is mostly open with minimal obstacles.

3) The whole sports complex looks to be very well taken care of. Ft. Atkinson must have a lot of money to be able to take care of that entire complex.

4) There actually is a little challenge and variety for the two baskets way over on the east end of the property, which I assume are holes #1, and #2. There is a little slope and some actual plant material to act as an obstacle.

5) Introduces the game to young kids which is always a positive in my mind. It is such a great sport and we will all benefit from more new people entering the game.

6) Distance variation is moderate, assuming I played the holes where they are supposed to be played.
Cons: 1) Other sports activities will get in the way from time to time.

2) No actual tee markings of any kind. Perhaps they get set up only for gym class and such, and that might be a deterrant to locals or travelers such as myself from playing???

3) Grass tees are always inferior in my opinion, but at least there isn't enough play to wear down the turf.

4) The holes are all fairly straight forward boring, except for the two baskets way over on the east end of the property, which I assume are holes #1, and #2. There is a little slope and some actual plant material to act as an obstacle.
Other Thoughts: Not a whole lot of interest to ever bring me back, It would be nice to have actual tees to know that I was playing the correct course. I skipped it the first time I was here because there was irrigation going off all over the place, but I figured late on a Sunday I would be able to squeeze in a round. I just felt a little uncomfortable the first time, and even this time I kept looking back to make sure noone was looking at my truck or anything.

Nice basket and a couple nice basket locations, but it looks like they could have made a couple more holes more interesting. I doubt I will ever be back, but it does still serve a purpose (of introducing the game to kids).