Minooka, IL
Minooka DGC Share
Uploaded By: ArcheType Hole #4 (Taken 7/2011)
4 / 230ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Not worth your time

1    11/12/2011   1/27/2012
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The course is in a nicely maintained city park, there is no trash and the grass is all mowed. The tees are natural, but there hasn't been enough play to turn them to mud yet so they're perfectly fine. The tee signs are nice, with hole distance and layout, and the flow of the course is easy to follow.
Cons: There are no baskets, no tees and no obstacles. The targets are just the center poles of baskets without any of the other hardware, they've been in the ground several months so it seems odd that they never got around to finishing that part of the installation. The tees are natural and if this course somehow gets some popularity they'll turn into sloppy messes. The holes are all very short and open other than a single 300ish shot, and none have any real obstacles. Walking paths and a playground are in play, this course is obviously designed for beginners who are the least likely to accurately stay on the fairway or wait for the area to clear before throwing.
Other Thoughts: I suppose a beginner could use this course to try out the sport without dealing with other players or any obstacles, but they're not going to learn much and it won't be much fun. Experienced players won't find any variety, any challenge or anything fun to bring them back for another round. I try to play every course in the area, unless you share that obsession don't bother with this one.

Not worth a journey

5+    7/19/2011   7/19/2011
Review By: ArcheType
Pros: -The signage here is really good. All wood engraved signs give a very nice look to the park.

-I really wish there was more to go on here, but with no baskets, no real tees, and just short open shots, there isn't a lot to like about this course.

-The only big pro I can list for this course is it's <5 minutes from my house, so I guess I could play here if I was seriously pressed for time, but I'm honestly not sure I'd even bother.
Cons: -Natural tees will be rough after the rain.

-The longest hole here is only 290, there's also a 230, but with the rest in the in the <200' range, and no obstacles to speak of, this is certainly the easiest course I've ever played, to the point where it's not even enjoyable.

-None of the holes here force you to shape lines in any fashion. It's just short open shot after short open shot.

-The course currently has only steel poles cemented down, which also sucks. If the park district does install baskets, I'd consider rating this course up maybe a half-disc higher.
Other Thoughts: The only people I could advise playing this course would be those just looking to get another under their belt, and honestly, it's not even worth the gas at that. In my opinion, if you're not already in Minooka, don't come play Minooka.