Provo, UT
Rock Canyon Share
Uploaded By: jbrock Hole #1 (Taken 6/2010)

1 2 Next >
 Rock Canyon rocks!

1    10/2/2009   10/3/2009
Review By: tstack10
Pros: First I will say that I got lost, cut, scraped, skipped a hole, threw my putter 200 feet past basket on drive and thoroughly enjoyed playing this course.

It has great views if you can look past the temple and the Y stadium to see Utah lake.

I enjoyed the hike as several hole are up hill and the terrain can be rough, I fell a couple of times on my bum.

Holes can be very challenging and spotting some baskets can be tough but once you see where they are the holes a very fun to throw.
A lot of trees, rocks and various other terrain add to the difficulty and fair number of holes have some distance to them.

All holes are very fun and challenging.
good baskets and Tee pads say for #6.
Cons: Only 9 holes
One tee pad missing
Can be tough to navigate from tee to basket. So here a link to a map

Wouldnt reccoment playing in the rain
Other Thoughts: #1 straight up hill.
#2 uphill big dogleg right basket hidden in trees right...after two walk back north towards fence them up to #3 tee pad.
#3 long straight nice carry.
#4 nice toss over huge rock in front to tucked pin behind tree on tree line. tough to see from tee walk right pasts rocks to see it.
#5 long carry with steep slope right huge veritcal hill left. luckily someone put white shirt in tree to show you where to aim. Notice here basket bottom painted green? In efforts to camouflage them maybe. lol
#6 no tee pad but threw from road where it was flat.
#7 is right of #6 basket, long throw up hill straight away.
#8 dogleg right towards houses sun lights and right of power poll.
#9 straight downhill, great hole be careful and easy to over shoot. hahaha

Sad Chains

7/3/2008   7/5/2008
Review By: Hitmetal
Pros: It has concrete tees and chains.
Cons: Almost impossible to find. No signs, no clear fairway, it is up in a rocky, weedy, dry, hill behind a very well maintained park, but obviosly nobody cares about the disc course. It is unmarked, no signs and I gave up on it after hole 4 because of the heat and work it took to find the next tee and chains before even thowing.
Other Thoughts: I find it amazing the park below this course is so well maintained, one of the best upkept city parks I have ever seen, yet the disc course is completly ignored. It is really sad those chains are sitting up there not geting hit.

Helen Keller Disc Golf!

7/26/2004   2/26/2008
This review was updated on 3/28/2008
Pros: Well, someone, sometime ago, put some work into this place. I applaud them for their effort. The course is set on a sloping hillside with some smaller trees and much underbrush. Bring water!
Cons: This rates as probably my all-time worst disc golf experience. We only played the first four holes and every one of them was a disaster. On each, we had to hunt for the basket before throwing. Basically, there were no fairways, just thick, thick disc eating underbrush. We quit after four, not wanting to chance losing any more discs. I did manage one incredibly lucky birdie when I threw blindly into the thick underbrush, throwing to my spotters voice (Helen Keller Style) and my disc landed next to the basket for a gimmee.
Other Thoughts: Unless you know someone has put forth an amazing effort to clean this place up, I wouldn't even take the time to check it out. As that semi-ancient pop-diva, Dionne Warwick sings, "Just Walk On By."

1 2 Next >