Cincinnati, OH
Mt. Airy Forest Share
Uploaded By: ImSchizoidMan Hole #9 (Taken 6/2009)
3 / 295ft.   3 / 335ft.   3 / 335ft.   3 / 335ft. Par / Distance:

Decent multi-use park course

1    9/5/2016   9/6/2016
Review By: gcoghill
Pros: Clean, well-maintained course with friendly locals and of course the on-site pro disc shop! A decent course flow, and a decent variety of holes. Ample parking. Water faucet. Easy access off freeway. Good signage.
Cons: Most of the course runs around the perimeter of the park, along the roads. Some of the transitions are confusing. Non-exclusive land for the course. Lots of other park visitor traffic on the fairways.
Other Thoughts: This was a decent course in a multi-use city park. There wasn't anything particularly exceptional about the course save for the very cool pro shop on-site. The holes were challenging, and some were fun. None were particularly memorable.

The course plays so close to the park roads, as well as the other park activities, that I just found myself wanting to finish up my round as soon as possible. I prefer more seclusion when I play disc golf. There was none of that here.

There were no real technical challenges as the course never went back into the woods after the first hole.

The course is obviously well-maintained and cherished by the local players, which is a big plus. But that doesn't change the fact that at best the holes and course are what one would expect at any multi-use park course that takes the "road hug" design approach. There is nothing particularly unique or memorable about the course itself or any of it's holes.

I played Mt. Airy in between playing Lincoln Ridge and Osage Grove the same day on a road trip. I will make a point to play those courses again, and would go out of my way to play Lincoln Ridge. I wouldn't head back to Mt. Airy.

1    4/16/2014   5/19/2014
Review By: Bachmann_3
Pros: Well managed
Good variety
Nice baskets
Pro Shop
Cons: Not for the feint of arm, no chance for short throwers other than a few holes.
Major traffic, players on every hole during peak hours
You will be exhausted after this course
Other Thoughts: I rated this course lower than most, because of the heavy traffic and outrageous difficulty. Coming here without doubles, an amateur player will expect to shoot well over and experience a major level of frustration. I am normally not a player to get angry on the course, but this one is just relentless between the length and tree coverage. Rolling terrain and heavy wooded holes provide a very well made professional level course. I am an established player in my area, but this course KICKED MY ASS. WIll not be returning here without a partner.

An average course that could be better

1    4/17/2010   4/20/2010
Review By: numbernine
Pros: - There are a ton of different shots on this course. Long and open, short and technical and everything in between.
- There is a pro shop on site. Though it was not open when I was there, this is always a bonus. They also had practice nets and pads set up near the clubhouse.
- Beautiful park! The course sits in the middle of a national forest and the course has amazing views.
- Concrete pads on every hole that seem to be in pretty good shape. 11 has a very unique elevated pad that makes for a cool shot coming out of the woods.
- This is a hard course over all. it is fair, but it is definitely tougher than your average course. you will get your face handed to you if you decide to take a risky shot and end up in the woods or down one of the bigger hills.
- TONS of elevation changes and blinds. this is probably the best part of the course for me.
Cons: - The baskets aren't in very good shape on most holes. The inside chains lay against the pole and the outside chains are very close to the pole. There were one or two exceptions to this rule, but overall they were not in good shape.
- The layout is just not great. There were quite a few times that I spent an inordinate amount of time searching for the next tee pad after I left the basket. In fact, the walk between 6 basket and 7 tee is so long that it feels like you're leaving the course. I missed 16 all together because I couldn't find it. the layout was so bad in fact, that none of the locals I talked to even knew were some of the holes were. I got a lot of "yeah, this used to be #1, but they've moved everything and didn't mark it."
- Very poor signage on most holes. I think on more than half of the holes either there was no sign on the tee pad, or just a sign that said what number you were on. this led to me walking out and trying to find the basket before I threw. and there are zero "this way to next tee" signs or arrows or anything to let you know where to go.
Other Thoughts: This is an average course that could really raise it's game with some very simple changes. Add some signs to the tee boxes, throw some directions out there and fix the baskets, and we're probably talking about a legit 4 star course.

you can see my video of this course here:

let me know if you dig the videos or whatever. I think it helps the review to see the course.

1    2/7/2009   11/3/2009
Review By: FreddieC
Pros: Very scenic. Plenty of variety of shots. Beautiful rolling hills. Definitely a must play course in Cincinnati area.
Cons: Course layout can be confusing unless you know the course well.
Other Thoughts: Winter time is probably not the best time to try out this course - there was a lot of damage to the signs on the tees and to the bulletin board which kind of

1    4/9/2009   7/5/2009
Review By: DirtyMittenDG
Hole Variety/Course Layout-
Mt. Airy Forest is a pretty solid course. Good variety, even though I would say it still heavily favors big arms. Elevation helps make this course fun in a lot of spots.

Course Maintenance-
Most holes had concrete tee pads and nice signs (exept the new holes), benches on a few holes are a bonus too. The park itself was clean and well maintained.
-When I was here we met up with a cool local, and she helped us navigate the course right so we never got lost, but without her we may have been confused after a couple holes. She also told us that they had just redesigned the course and some of the old holes are no longer there. For example, holes 7 & 8 on the current pictures are gone (yeah, two of the coolest looking holes). We even walked up to hole #7 (which still has a bench and tee pad, but no basket). I dont understand why they took these holes out, this hurt the image of the course to me very much.

-Like said before, theres alot of people in this park (not just the dg course), these people can get in the way sometimes.
-Overall its a good course. There were some awsome holes, and some boring holes. There were some cool people and there were also some assholes. I think you can get my point.