Huntersville, NC
Bradford Park Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #9 (Taken 12/2014)
Hole #9 Long Tee

2-4    11/23/2012   11/23/2012
Review By: chappyMP03
This review was updated on 1/1/2013
Pros: Great course, alot of variety. Uphills and downhills with some wide open shots. Some doglegs which are personaly my favorite. Like the water that comes in on holes 12 and 15. If in the area definitely stop to play this course.
Cons: I lost my favorite disc on hole 18. It has alot of sentimental value. I was pretty pissed off. There is a basket that is behind a huge rock, some people hate it but i enjoyed it. Other than that no cons.
Other Thoughts: There is a water hazard on a couple holes, just be careful. My buddy went swimming for his disc.

great course

1    7/22/2012   8/2/2012
Review By: jgrubb22
Pros: course has a good mixtures of holes.. some being open then also in the woods.. great combine of long and short holes and also most of the holes have 2 tee pads.. has some nice tight woods fairways that you have to hit the caps or u might b in trouble..
Cons: dont really have any cons jus b careful on some of the holes if u have never played it b/c there is some water on the holes that u cant c from tee pad..
Other Thoughts: got to play this course after the worlds so they had hole 3 basket up on the rock which was really cool and got to meet the guys that designed it.. really nice and down to earth guys!! if ur in the area u should def check this course out u want regret it!!!

Great mix at Bradford

5+    7/15/2012   7/31/2012
Review By: #19325
Pros: This is a very fun course that is more open than many of the Charlotte courses that I played. Along with the open there are some awesome wooded holes with elevation coming into play. Water and OB comes into play on quite a few holes making it very challenging. There are some nasty putting greens too.

There are short and long concrete tees that were installed perfectly.

Brand new Innova Discatchers.

Tee signs were in great shape at the time I played and it was easy to navigate the course.

If you want to learn how to throw a mid range disc this is the place to do it. If you can master a 250 to 325ft mid range you can just destroy this course. About half the course fits into that category.

Hole #12 is an awesome par 4. It's an L shaped hole that recquires a solid drive to the corner. From there you have to make a great shot to a sloped green. One side has water and the other side is a large drop off. Great hole!!

Hole #3 is a great looking hole from the tee. It plays slightly downhill and it was on top of a HUGE boulder!

The course flows really well. There are no long walks and there is a stop by a restroom after hole #11.
Cons: I really liked the course but found myself throwing the same disc over an over. I threw the same Roc off the tee on holes 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, & 16.

I like hole #8 but I would not want to play that hole by myself from the long tee. After it leaves your hand it's very difficult to see where it lands. There is a good chance you can lose it in the many trees and rough in the fairway.
Other Thoughts: Just like all the other Charlotte Area courses this one is super fun and challenging.

The 41 that Michael Johansen shot at Pro Worlds blows my mind! The other top pros were shooting in the 46 to 50 range. Go try that from the long tees!!

1    7/24/2012   7/31/2012
Review By: themanlevan
Pros: I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I definatly plan on playing it again soon. Has the ability to play a quick nine hole loop or play the full 18.
Cons: the chocolate milk river on two of the holes. Actually claimed one of my friends discs.
Other Thoughts: My home course isn't amazingly nice so nicer courses always seem better but if your in the area at all, definitely worth a play

I Played the Course and the Course Won

1    7/22/2012   7/24/2012
Review By: wkelly42
Pros: What's not to like about this course? It's a challenge, it's well-groomed, it's typical Charlotte disc golf. Throw straight and be rewarded. Throw off-line, and you will pay.

I played the Sunday after Worlds, so the signage was still in great shape. Tee signage was great, Next Tee signs were in place and came in handy a few times. Walking trails were worn in -- this didn't look like a pretty new course to me. It has the look and feel of a course that has been there a while.

I love that there is a nine-hole loop you can play. I really wish more courses were designed with this in mind -- I understand you can't always end the 'front nine' at the parking lot, but there are ways to create a nine-hole layout.
Cons: I wish there were water jugs on the course.

OK, that's just so I can have a 'con'. Seriously, I loved this place, and I can't think of anything I didn't like that wasn't really my own poor play.
Other Thoughts: I was expecting a crowd, the Sunday after Worlds, but I guess everyone was burned out (or nursing a hangover or something), because the course wasn't full. I played through two groups, and they really weren't holding me up at all (the first group I was actually following so I knew where the lines were, since they seemed to be locals). Cedar Alley is going to be brutal in a few years when those trees get bigger (it was bad enough this year!!). #12 beat me up and stole my lunch money.

Found out this year that I can do 36 holes on Sunday while the family is shopping; next year, I may have to go for 54 and see if I can do North Cabarrus (warm up), Bradford, then Reedy Creek. Or maybe by then I'll have another favorite Carolina course.

A great addition to Charlotte

2-4    7/14/2012   7/23/2012
Review By: DiscBunny
Pros: Bradford is a baby, at only a year old, but plays like a much older course. A great blend of open and wooded holes, especially for Charlotte where it seems like trees and more trees are the norm. We played here as part of the 2012 worlds and were impressed with the signage, gorgeous benches at each hole and the overall condition of the course.

2 pads on many holes, lots of diversity for righties and lefties.

Also, as a lady golfer, I appreciated that there was a rest room half way through the course, as well as before the first tee.
Cons: Hole #8 "Cedar Alley" isn't really an alley. Its more a glade-o-cedar-frisbee-death or a xmas tree farm. It's interesting but very easy to loose a disc in the long grass or even in one of those darned trees.
Other Thoughts: I cannot imagine what Michael Jo did to shoot a 17 down here. epic. Can't wait to come back and play again.

Another great course

1    5/28/2012   5/29/2012
Review By: TOURNEYPLAYER
Pros: This was a really fun course to play. It was the second course I played that day and I am glad I made the trip to Bradford. The first thing I noticed was the nice Practice Basket and the brand new Innova Discatchers with hole numbers on them. I played the long tees and for the most part its not a huge difference. holes 2,8, and 18 were the biggest differences. while on the subject, HOLE 8 was the most unique open hole I have played in a long time. from the long pad, you have to throw over small cedars and hope you land in a good spot, then (if you can or if you are far enough down the fairway) you throw over some slightly taller pines. placement is everything, DO NOT GO LEFT. there is a mess of briars, poison ivy and other hazards if you go way left(speaking from experience). after that is "Cedar Lane" a fun tunnel shot with cedars all along the left side. There are lots of birdie opportunities here if you can throw straight, and lots of bogeys if you cant. I also loved the open hole with the downed tree. (15 i think) This was a really fun shot for a lefty backhand. as was 17. All in all I would say this course is one of the better ones in Charlotte.
Cons: Not many. The only thing I would change would be the tee signs. I really like to see a picture, or diagram of the hole, and just having the hole number, distance, and sponsors left a little to be desired. i guess most holes you can see the pin, but some you cannot. Really thats all I can say, the land was used well and I really enjoyed my self.
Other Thoughts: Keep it up. I am looking forward to playing some of the other courses before Worlds and hope they are as entertaining as this was.

Bring your guns

1    5/12/2012   5/21/2012
Review By: New013
This review was updated on 6/20/2012
Pros: I really enjoyed my round here, it gives you a full round of disc golf in a great setting.

Layout - The course is set up well so that it flows in and out of the woods to mix it up. The open holes really let you rip it and the wooded holes demand accuracy through gaps and placement around the basket. The fairways are also extremely fair in that the longer holes give you more room to operate while the shorter ones really pack it in.

The greens here are well placed, you'll really need to set your shot down in the right place to have a good putt. I'd say the course does a good job of creating risk/reward with nicely placed OB and punishing rough if you go offline.

I really like how the course uses the elevation in the park. Although more than few holes are relatively straighter shots you really don't notice it because each hole has a unique look to it.

Multiple teepads on some holes but both are definitely aimed at more experiened players which is nice in its on way. I played the shorts and was still given ample oppurtunity to bomb some drives.

Some of the holes have you throwing over topped cedar trees which throws a different aspect in to the course that you don't see on most courses.

Equipment - Brand new baskets and teepads; the teepads are large and close to the ground which is key when you have a long course like tihs. There's a bathroom and vending machine in the parking lot which you swing back around to near mid round.

Atmosphere - The park is a great place for disc golf, some really beuatiful holes out there. I love the cedars and how they are utilized. It's a pretty secluded place, not sure how much the park is used regularly but not many people were out there when I played it.
Cons: Not many cons to this one, and a few of those are really just because it's so new.

Layout - While the course does make you have length and accuracy it doesn't force every shot you have. More holes are straighter shots and that's primarily what keeps me from rating it higher.

I think the addition of more basket locations would really serve the course well to help mix things up even more.

Equipment - I don't think there were any benches or trashcans out there yet but it's new and that stuff will come. The signage is just numbers and with the long blind shots on some holes that could be a problem. I had a guide but I can see that being frustrating to people new to the course.

Atmosphere - The course still isn't beaten in that well and you can tell it's still a work in progress. I'd like to see the immediate rough off the fairway open up just a bit and that will come with wear.
Other Thoughts: I had a blast playing this course, it really sets up to what I like about disc golf. I love to get out and drive and this is a drivers paradise. Even the wooded holes let you rip some mids down the fairway.

Go play this course, your feet on the ground will only make it better and it's a great experience.

1    4/19/2012   4/19/2012
Review By: jkdisc
This review was updated on 10/24/2013
Pros: Bradford offers a nice mix of disc golf. There are wooded and open holes, and long and short holes. There is some up and down elevation that is used.

Other Pros:
- practice basket
- perfect concrete tee pads
- adequate tee signs
- easy to navigate (there is a post at the base of #2 pointing you toward where #3 is now located)
Cons: I have no major complaints.

Nit Picks:
- the grass was long on the open holes and the dew soaked my feet
- the pond on #12 was chocolate milk colored but I'm sure wasn't as tasty

Seriously, those are my only complaints.
Other Thoughts: #12 was my favorite hole because of the risk/reward. For 1st timers, I recommend walking the hole before throwing to get an idea of where the elevations and pond are located.

Bradford is another solid addition to an already disc golf rich area.

EDIT: I will be coming back soon to re-evaluate this course, this has been my least helpful review to date and I'm not sure why. I am sorry for any information I have gotten wrong. I've been told my rating is too low for some of your taste, does the rating really matter to some of you?

good times at bradford

5+    3/18/2012   3/18/2012
Review By: hogleggbob
Pros: brand new concrete pads at all holes,a few holes have long tees as well. tee signs are nice and simple. the course is only a few months old but has a finished feel to it, its like its been here longer than it actually has. good mix of open and wooded holes, open holes are fun for big arms.. and the wooded holes are technical enough to even things out, the rough can be just that... rough...didnt see much in the way of trash, so people have been picking it up as they play...always good to see. every time i get back out there, something new has been done. the crew of workers doing the course work are busting ass...
Cons: location... not way out of the way, but enough that i dont seem to get up to huntersville, for the traffic in that area is horrible.really no big cons as far as the course goes...
Other Thoughts: this is a really great piece of land, and it is used well, great design...i cant wait to see what the longer open holes look like in 5-7 years...the charlotte area is truley blessed to have the amount of top quality courses at our dispossal