There are six baskets.
Pros: Mt. Gallant Elementary is a place for students to become introduced to disc golf. For anyone else, you can use this as a field to practice.
- There are six baskets. The baskets actually make a loop, so you can play the 'holes' sequentially. And that concludes the review of this place as a course.
- There are two things this place offers: a course for 6-8 year olds and a place for anyone else to practice. In that sense, you'll have your selection of any of six, mostly level baskets to throw towards.
- If you come here to practice, you'll have the place to yourself. I'd be shocked if two people independently decided to show up here at the same time.
- I actually imagine a little kid getting a kick out of getting close to the basket on a 100-foot hole. I'm a big fan of the York County disc golf baskets/courses & schools program.
- The course offers convenient access to the Museum of York County? I guess that's a thing for somebody somewhere. Actually, it's ¼ mile from Dutchman Creek Middle School, which at least has a couple decent holes on its 10-hole layout. Between the two courses, you can have one mediocre 16-hole outing!!!
Cons: In terms of what this site is for, and how we rate and evaluate courses, this is a place to avoid. Even if you lived within walking distance and wanted to throw some discs, you're heading to Dutchman. You would only pick this place over Dutchman because you want to practice in a flat, open area.
- If you're playing this as a course (meaning you're marking this course as 'played'), there aren't any tee areas. I spent the obligatory 15 seconds and could find anything, so I threw 5 feet from the previous hole's basket.
- Proportionally, you're walking almost as far from the parking lot to the course as you are on the course itself. In the distance I walked, there could have easily been two more 75-foot holes. Throw in another hole heading the opposite direction, and now you've got a nine-hole layout. Won't somebody please think about the children????
Other Thoughts: Mt. Gallant has six baskets. The tyrants at DGCR sadly don't think that's sufficient enough to be a review. Now, I can safely say I've given more thought to this course than everyone but the people who installed the baskets.
- This 'practice area' was added to the site in 2011, and only 4 people had marked it as played in the five years since. Yup, you'll have this course to yourself if you ever visit.
- The biggest challenge here is going to figure out what angle you have to stand at in order to bounce a disc off the building and into #1's basket.
- It's for the school kids, it's convenient for them, and it doesn't take up much space. And with this final sentence, I've written 500 words about this disc golf course.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.