South Elgin, IL
Village Center DGC Share
Uploaded By: CodeBoyJace Hole #1 (Taken 9/2011)
3 / 326ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Why Bother

1    9/10/2011   9/10/2011
Review By: CodeBoyJace
Pros: Its only 4 miles from where I live. Obstacles you may not have experienced before. Few chances to hit water.
Cons: The Tees range from light gravel to loose sand. Slipping on the drives. Confusing layout at times. Few obstacles. Only one tee where you might hit an obstacle. No distances posted.
Other Thoughts: I am new to disc golf, but I can sure say I know when a course is bad. Hole 4 is pretty unique from what I hear. You have a chnace to hit a power line, a telephone pole, baseball field fence, and wood pylons all in 1 throw. I threw mine in the creek instead. 2 holes later you can hit the park bathrooms.

Hole 7 has a Ying-Yang symbol made of weeds you can throw over. Walking to hole 9 is fun. You can throw over a partt of the fox on hole 10 that is covered in scum. That's pretty.

Trust me. Skip it. The only reason to play this course is if you live next to it and don't want to drive. I won't be coming back.