Mount Vernon, OH
Thayer Ridge Park Share
Uploaded By: disc cussing Hole #3 (Taken 10/2014)

1    1/8/2015   4/17/2015
Review By: disc cussing
Pros: It has baskets. The road to the course is paved. When the sun shines it is sunny.
Cons: Mostly bare ground narrow fairways( old dump site), weeds and plenty of Ticks in the rough. I picked up several Ticks during my round.
Other Thoughts: I would rather practice in my back yard. This could be a better course if Knox County Parks took some interest in it. Evidently they figure that putting a few baskets up in a closed dump site is enough.

I wouldn't come here if I were you...

1    3/30/2015   3/30/2015
Review By: Billy K2
Pros: I can't really say much about Thayer Ridge, and that's usually a bad thing. I guess the course had decent baskets? The 6th hole tee was interesting.
Cons: No elevation, few trees, and a whole lot of rough. That really describes the course. It just wasn't a fun course, that's all there is to say. This isn't necessarily a con, but it was a lot windier on the course than the city because it is so wide open.
Other Thoughts: In conclusion, Thayer Ridge just wasn't very fun. The lack of elevation and trees really made this course a .5 disc course. I wouldn't recommend this course.

Overall Grade: 0.5/5 (Absolutely would not recommend)

umm...yeah

1    11/8/2011   11/8/2011
Review By: munky
Pros: nice new baskets.
overview map of the course.
Cons: this course needs redone. there is potential here.
fairways are too narrow.
Other Thoughts: maybe install some 5' tall stakes along the fairways for reference when looking for lost discs/

1    9/10/2011   9/11/2011
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: 9 holes are better than ZERO holes.

there's potential at this park, it just wasn't used to it's full advantage with this DGC.

friendly neighbors, I GPS this DGC and found the DGC another way other than the directions and had to travel a mile or so on a gravel road. I stopped and asked on of the neighbors to the park where the park was and as it turned out, He (Allen or Allan) stopped doing his lawn to play the first 6 holes with me with one of my discs. So he wasn't only helpfull pointing out where the park was, but he wanted to learn how to play as well (very cool).
Cons: some teeing areas adjacent to the basket.

And some of the tees point in the wrong direction of the hole, so if your playing without a guide you might be throwing to the wrong area, whoopsie (I hate it when I throw to the wrong area when the tee sign point you in the wrong area, aka. # 6).

former landfill, which isn't really a con, but the surface isn't plush grass but more rocks with some grass.

the fairways are brush hogged wide or a little wider, but not much. Ya get off the fairway and you'll be looking as there's not to many trees on most of the holes.
Other Thoughts: Located on an old landfill, this DGC needs redesigned. I would use the dirt mounds that are further in the park than what the DGC is currently using