College Park, MD
Calvert Road Park Share
Uploaded By: Cgkortz Hole #18 (Taken 10/2013)
Hole #18 Blue Tee

2-4    5/10/2012   5/10/2012
Review By: parTake30
Pros: i am so glad that i picked this course to play while in maryland. the course is beautifully maintained. its well marked, with an arrow and number of the next tee, posted on every basket. the entire area is not huge, but i think it was set up well. some holes you throw across other holes. i actually got a little lost on one hole and threw to the 5th.

the first hole is a short one, but with the mando you need a lot of hyzer on this shot.

the second hole (i believe) is tough, with a narrow tunnel between two trees, which are about 15 ft in front of the tee.

the sixth hole is a fun one, with a long shot with a mando to the right...i threw a champion monarch.

the seventh hole is a chance to rip a long shot, i liked a flick with this one.

hole 13 is a long shot with a dogleg to the right, the basket is set pretty far back, with a nasty little ditch on the right. dont put your disc in there, you'll probably lose it.

hole 14 is one of the few world class holes. its another long shot (from blue) with that ditch on the right. it has quite a few trees in the way on both sides.

the 17th hole is very short, but from blue, its a challenging shot with the small area to throw through, not 10 ft in front of the tee are two trees growing side by side, with a mando between them. i threw my best shot with a valkyrie. i had to throw an anhyzer that faded back to the left toward the basket.

that i remember, 18 is another world class hole. you can throw a bomb here, but careful of that ditch again, its on the right.
Cons: they could use a water fountain or something. other than that, i cant think of too much that i would change. i loved this course.

Knats and Hippies and lighting

1    5/28/2009   10/5/2009
Review By: Bikinimower
Pros: The Holes in the woods are the best looking and well maintained holes I have ever played
Very well kept
Cons: Finding the holes when you get close to the end can be tricky
lots and lots of bugs
Other Thoughts: I was in D.C. and decided to hit a course. It was raining but figured I'm only in D.C. once every couple of years so I played anyway. I got stuck in a lighting storm and had trouble finding my way back to my car. Lighting was striking all around me, it was scary but you can hardly blame it on the course.

After the rain let up I got harassed by a hippie who kept asking me if I was a cop and wanted to know if "I was cool" I told him I was and let him do his thing. I didn't join him though, it's not really my thing but I don't judge.

Once I started playing again I had a great time. The course was beautiful but I was followed by a swarm of knats they kept attacking my head and I had to keep moving to stay away from them. It made me miserable but the course was so visually stunning I had a great time in spite of all that

Classic!

1    9/17/2003   6/24/2009
Review By: BigJ198
Pros: Playing on such a storied course! This course has almost been around since the beginning of Disc Golf!
The course is easily accessible from the beltway and seems to be in a good neighborhood.
Well-laid out and easily navigated. Holes are simple and terrain is quite flat.
Well maintained, thanks locals!
Cons: The cons are pretty much what I like about the course. No elevation changes, short, no low branches. If one is used to modern courses, this course may seem a little weak.
Other Thoughts: Overall I like the course because it was built "Back in the Day"; Before we were blessed with extra long range drivers, Speed 13 discs, star Plastic, etc. I hope they leave the course as is and we can be satisfied to play the course as the designers intended. Know your roots!

Univ Maryland

9/24/2006   9/24/2007
Review By: doubled23
Pros: Great use of a small space. Just enough trees and rule boudaries to provide a challenge. Multiple tees make it like 3 courses in one.
Cons: Navigating hole to hole can be confusing at points and the baskets are constantly being moved around. No water or elevation.
Other Thoughts: It's very unique to stand on the first tee and be able to see the entire course in front of you.