St. Louis (Mehlville), MO
Jefferson Barracks Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #12 (Taken 3/2012)

Middle of the Road

1    4/25/2014   4/28/2014
Review By: brekko
Pros: Multiple pin positions for every hole, centrally located in StL, closer than some of the other quality courses to downtown.

Starts and finishes in the same spot so you don't have to walk a mile when you finish the course.
Cons: Lack of variety/originality with hole design, it's a decently large scrap of land and there were only 2-3 holes I enjoyed playing or were pleasantly designed (3, 6, and 12) however some of this could be due to the current pin positions, one hole, 14 I believe, is planted directly inside of a stand of bushes, it was like a sick joke by whomever picked that spot.

Poorly connected on many of the holes from one pin to the next pad caused us to spend time asking people where the next hole was (even with the printed map I had) and since they mix and match pin positions on around half the holes I was running up to see where the basket was.
Other Thoughts: I liked the course overall, but of the 5 courses I played in the St Louis metro area, this was easily the least enjoyable, granted I only picked already high rated ones here on DGCR, but it still didn't earn close to a 4 star rating in my book.