Baltimore, MD
Lake Montebello DGC Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #3 (Taken 7/2012)

Redesigned, but I am not coming back until the 3rd redesign

1    7/5/2013   11/28/2011
Review By: prerube
This review was updated on 7/5/2013
Pros: The re-design is a nice improvement. 18 holes (many have 3 tees each, some have multiple baskets) that feature a wide variety in elevation, wooded vs. open, and left vs. right. There is some older DGA signage mixed with paper signage.
Baskets had small tags under the catch area guiding you to the next tee.
The Youth Course provides a near by 6 hole warm up on the other side of park
Large green stakes in the ground help you find your tee.
Hole 4's novelty basket now ends the course at hole 18.
Cons: While the redesign added a lot of challenge and greatly improved the holes many of the flaws are still stand out flaws and I can not raise the rating of this course.

The tees look like a back yard course, just slippery mud patches, toe boards, scraps of carpet, and road.

Several safety issues: the terrain on 7 can be difficult to maneuver for older, larger, or youth players. There are also several drop offs that can lead to dangerous lies. HOLE 10 (formerly hole 6) IS STILL A SERIOUS HAZARD. This basket location is a danger. There is no break to the traffic and the discs can easily go into the road. I did not want to finish hole 10, I was tempted to just concede the hole and walk away. 11 still plays along the road which is more distracting than a safety issue, but there is a possibility of a new player hyzer bombing a disc into traffic.
Crossing fairway on hole 11 from 12 Blue and 16 from short tee on 17.

risk of disc loss: Hole 4 has a hidden fence on left and rough on both sides that can eat discs. 14 still plays along the barb wire fence.

I think I needed a tetus shot after shooting on some of the earlier baskets. Holes 2 and 3 have rusty abused baskets.

Some baskets are labeled with old numbers and it can be confusing. Hole 1B is labeled 7, so you would think after 6, you should be playing back towards 1.

This course is crowded with none disc golf traffic. We had children riding power wheels over the tee pads and people picnicking on fairways. Also I stand by my previous comment that I do not feel that this is a terribly safe area, but I have heard from several angry locals about this comment. Last time I played my disc rolled off the edge of the grass and under a car and a large angry man confronted me telling me I dented his car, thankfully I was with a large group.
Other Thoughts: While many of my previous issues have been addressed I still have a massive problem with hole 10 and the tee pads. This course is seems like primitive backyard course that happens to be in the public park. With improved tees and a safer basket location of hole 10 along with a few other minor tweeks this course would deserve the 4 star ratings.