Charlotte, NC
Pinewood Elementary Share
Uploaded By: swilsons Hole #1 (Taken 7/2013)

More than meets the eye

1    9/14/2015   9/14/2015
Review By: 1978
Other Thoughts: I'll leave a short review for a short course. Tee signs, discatchers and a relatively short layout are nice. Grass teepads are getting a little rutted,but I think the shortness of the course keeps most players away. Its almost too short for people to want to practice at. I threw stand still putters from every pad except one. 2 teepads have overhanging branches growing into the throwing space and this needs trimming. I think there was more opportunity for interesting shots but I dont know what the expectations and limitations were. I know the designer I think there are some neat holes that could have been exploited but werent, so I assume that those locations were off limits. This course gives you a bunch of options. If I were local, I would have a full 18 hole advanced level safari layout planned that would be moderately challenging. Neat to stop by if you are in the area but not worth driving out of your way, even if you are bagging courses. It is just too far from any other Charlotte course.

So I initially thought I would rate this .5 but gave it 1 additional disc rating because it is a GREAT safari course. If I lived near by there are throws back and forth around trees and through open fields that stretch my maximum and most people's maximum distance. Since the baskets basically rim an open park, you have your choice of 4-5 baskets for your next Safari shot. I think that you could practice for any skill level here and be able to get a full disc golf workout in. The course is way more valuable as a safari/make up your own hole course than it is a 9 hole course. Often short 9 hole courses are so packed in, there isnt much other option for play.

Just a putter - unless you play the blacks

2-4    1/8/2013   1/14/2013
Review By: jksenior
Pros: Good for what it is: "a practice your upshot and jump putting game."

- Take your new putters that you want to break in
- Only one or two holes where you can throw a full putter (or maybe a mid for some people)
- Navigation is easy - you can prety much see the entire course as yopu look around.
- the baskets are good - better tham many "big" courses.

There were Black tees marked for most if not all of the holes. There were signs to the black tees on the baskets - i.e. Black 2 on 1's basket.

These black tees were marked with little signs on trees. They added quite a bit a length to the course. So much so that you could throw mids and a fairway driver or two. No distances marked, so you have to wing it.
Cons: - natural teepads
- no trash cans on the course, so if you take a dog (as I did) you have to carry their sh** around with you - assuming you pick it up.
- course circles a playground so you could be dodging kids as they come and go.
Other Thoughts: Asd I said, this is not a course to go and play competitive golf. Know what you're going to get before you get there and it serves a purpose.

It is actually Madison Park which is adjacent to Pinewood elementary school.