Excellent set up for small park
Pros: There are only 7 holes here but they designed it very nicely for such a small park. I personally prefer 7 holes instead of them jamming 2 more filler holes somewhere. The tee pads are very nice, level new tees that grip great. There is a post at each hole with hole number and distance. This is all you really need here. The flow of the course is very easy to follow. Hole 1 starts right by the small building next to the parking lot. They had a ton of wood chips laid down in the wooded areas. Pretty much every hole is an ace opportunity here for even average players.
Cons: Most holes are very short. Seven holes is an odd number but it is better than nothing at all. The parking lot is very small but I doubt it gets super busy. The course is only open seasonally.
Other Thoughts: This is a pretty decent little course but not one to go out of your way to play by any means. There are a number of other solid courses nearby, most notably Lustig park in Janesville.
Fun but short Baskets
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: For the area, this place isn't too shabby! Nice variation of environment. Not really any difficult shots. Nothing special to go out of your way to play, but if you are in the area its worth a stop. The woods aren't bad and finding a disc is no problem
Cons: Baskets all seem pretty close. One could probably play every basket as a par 2. This is at a park where little kids are usually running around near the first tee. Sometimes gets annoying having to ask people to get out of the way so you can throw, but not a big deal at all.
Other Thoughts: Well maintained. Nothing special, but not bad at all!
Other courses nearby that I'd recommend:
Lustig Park in Janesville is really fun to play. Avoid the UW-Whitewater course until the brush thins out in the fall.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Ace Race Course
Pros: - This is a nice course, but it is small. The baskets are in nice shape and quality.
- Nice little course to practice driving and accuracy with putters and mids as that's all you'll really need.
- Hole 2 is pretty neat on top of the hill. If conditions permit, it would be cool to have a hole go down that hill.
Cons: - Only 7 holes, didn't realize this until the end, slightly disappointing, but with the limited space, it makes sense.
- Very little variations in terms of difficulty and distance.
- Wide open holes could become confusing and lead to shots going askew and hitting someone else.
- No tee pads and the signs are just 4x4's stuck in the ground with yardage, nothing more.
Other Thoughts: If it weren't so cold and windy I would have played my own little Ace Race and threw multiple discs to see if you could ace as the holes are pretty short.
- Overall, nice little course that would serve well for ace races and putter/mid driving and for beginners, but not an every week course.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
It's Good to Be King
Pros: 1) Nice property with some decent elevation change. You climb your way to the top then gradually come back down the hill on the last few holes.
2) Garbage cans at the lot should help with trash in the park. Since it is only 7 holes I would hope people carry their trash to the end before dumping it.
3) 4x4 posts mark the tees which helps with navigation. They also have the distance of the hole and the Hole #.
4) Chainstars are in great shape and the orange tape helps spot the baskets.
5) The wooded holes had enough mulch to cover up bare soil. Those areas might be messy if it was just bare soil. I imagine that the mulch was just the grindings from the clear cutting.
6) Excellent shot selection needed here. You can throw all of your shots
7) Very beginner friendly course because every hole was reachable by me. There also is almost no chance of losing a disc here.
8) Precarious pin positions on #2, #3, and #7 with danger lurking very close to the basket.
9) Decent variety of foliage density from completely open, to somewhat wooded to moderately open with a few trees to avoid.
Cons: 1) The course gets pulled in the winter because the hill is used as a sledding hill. Obviously a good idea to avoid conflict but it would be a fun course to play in winter too.
2) No teesigns other than the 4x4 posts with the distances.
3) Distance variation is poor. Most of the holes are pretty similar in distance and do not alter your shot making very much.
4) Not enough obstacles on the first few holes, but the last few are great holes.
Other Thoughts: I can't really think of any other negatives here. It is a fun course to throw because of the elevation and some precarious pin positions. It seems like a well maintained park and I hope it remains that way because this is a nice small town course. I like that they took what the land would give them even if it meant 7 holes instead of 9.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: These short holes makes for a quick and easy round with family and new players. Baskets are brand new and easy to spot off the tee, and very little brush to lose a disc in. Navigation is easy and intuitive, the terrain is well suited for familys with children. Small hill and light forest with fresh woodchips down, no thorns or prickers to be found.
Cons: Only 7 holes in a small park, designers did a great job with limited space but felt like there could be 9 holes with some tweaking. As of yet no tee pads, tho they are planned along with new signs. No benches or garbage cans on site. Flow can become a problem if there are more then a few groups playing, and a few fairways are close enough together that a stray shot could get close to another player.
Other Thoughts: Over all a great course to bring a new player or have your family come out on a nice day and introduce them to discgolf! First timers will have a blast, most holes are easy enough to get a 3 and you wont be tired or spend time searching for lost plastic. Advanced players wont find a challenge here but its a great way to practice your short game and take some ace runs. I love seeing these small family friendly parks installed, perfect for people to find and fall in love with discgolf!
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.