Typical School Design with a few pluses
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) DGA signs in decent shape.
2) Nice newer Innova Discatchers.
3) Decent distance variation especially for a school course. The distances are appropriate for beginners with a few in the 300's, most in the 200's and a few 100's.
4) A few good holes late in the round with more natural obstacles, including one hole I have never seen before (I think #16) with all of the evergeeen blocking a short shot. A massive flick or big turnover would be the best shot, and you would be better off throwing long than short here!
Cons: 1) Not enough variety of shots needed, they were all hyzer or open allowing for whatever shot you want to throw.
2) Not enough trees or obstacles to make the course much fun. I know it is a school course but I like more obstacles.
3) Goofy layout takes the course across driveways, parking lots, past play areas and ball fields. I know this is a school course so they need to take advantage of whatever land they have, but if any of these activities are going on at the same time, the disc golf will have to take a back seat to the other activity. I imagine gym class and recess are tough times to play because of the number of people out there.
4) There is a building that blocks the view of the basket on #1. I imagine it frequently gets hit, but it also makes for a contrived feeling hole. I prefer natural obstacles over man-made obstacles any day.
5) Sandy soil in this part of the state leads to thin turf, especially after this summers drought. There are lots of weeds and the turf is very thin and will easily rip up with peoples runups and plant foot.
Other Thoughts: It is what it is . . . this is a school course. I am rating the course based somewhere between my desires for a course and the way the course was designed as a school course. I have been fair in my assessment from both standpoints, while it isn't as fun for me as it would be for the school kids, I have to respect who this was designed for, and that it wouldn't normally be available to public use.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.