Albion, ID
Pomerelle Mountain DGC Share
Uploaded By: Valktastic   (Taken 8/2011)

Mountain Madness

1    7/15/2013   12/18/2013
Review By: idahooldguy
This review was updated on 5/23/2014
Pros: Gorgeous scenery!
Chair lift to the top.
Very unique holes, especially if you've never played a mountain course before.
LONG holes, hole #1 is 788' and there's nothing under 500'
All holes downhill, so you don't have any uphill hiking.
Maps provide free at the lodge. Don't forget the map!!
Cons: Pay to ride ($8 for 1 ride, $14 for 2). You can hike, but it's 1000' vertical!
The layout is strange because you play 1-9 all downhill, then ride back up for 10-18.
Fairways were not mowed the day we went; brush and wildflowers hid our discs.
Heavy timber and brush on the edges, so aim well or be punished.
I was exhausted after only 9 holes. Walking downhill is hard on your legs.
Other Thoughts: The scenery was very impressive. Pomerelle is my favorite ski mountain and I'm glad I can visit in the summer now. This was my first mountain course and I was not prepared for it. The holes were VERY LONG and this created a problem that I wasn't anticipating. The discs flew so far that they would often soar and fade off the fairway and into the thick woods and brush. The fairways were also not mowed, therefore we spent a great deal of time looking for discs. It took over 3 hours to play the first 9 holes.
I really wish that some shorter holes would have been mixed in. I lost a disc 30' up a fir tree and I played scared most of the day. We didn't play 10-18 because we were too tired. It seems that it might have been wiser to do more zigzagging across the mountain rather than 2 down and back trips. There are more <400' holes on the back 9. I plan to play them soon and I may edit my review after that.