Oakville (Toronto), ON

Heavenly Golf

5+    7/4/2009   11/29/2009
Review By: Bobbily
This review was updated on 9/14/2011
Pros: In a conservation area, with tons and tons of space. Course has a fantastic design with a front and back 9 meeting back at 1/10, just like a regular golf course. This course served as the Ontario Championship tourny a few years back and its easy to see why. Challenging and beautiful.
Update: Had a chance to go play this course again recently. It is really the best course in Southern Ontario. The shorts are very very tough, and the longs are, well championship calibre. I have yet to play a nicer course, and I've played a TON of courses, in Ontario, Michigan and on the West Coast in BC and Washington. Very very tough course, bring your A game.
Update: Not really too sure why so many people are down on this review. I have played a TON of disc golf over the past 10 years, from Toronto Island, to the Island in Budapest, and I personally consider this the best disc golf course I've ever played. Its tough, but not too tough, (shorts and long pads) its got great variety, its manicured, but not too manicured, tee pads are excellent, its in a beautiful park, and its completely dedicated to disc golf and only disc golf, meaning no stragglers/dogs/kids around to worry about dinging with your disc.
Cons: Its got some REALLY long grass at times, making disc finding at times impossible... (I lost 3 discs here in one day, and a friend lost 2).
Poison Ivy on 6 and 7 (apparently waste deep in places) They are trying to cut it back, but be aware.
You have to pay $16/car to get into the park. I personally consider that cost to be unreasonable. My score is based on the actual course though, as its unfair to rank it based on this fee. I'm sure the builders of the course are not the ones responsible for this fee. Its a provincial park issue.
Other Thoughts: No course around touches it in terms of difficulty, and great disc golf. I think there are courses that have a nicer "walk" aspect, but nothing I've played compares to it in terms of pure disc golf.
I'd love to get some of these peoples thoughts on what course in Southern Ontario, or Canada beats it.
5 stars are sometimes warranted, I don't hand them out willy nilly.