Burlington, NC
Cedarock Park Share
Uploaded By: Bigbob777 Hole #2 (Taken 4/2015)
3 / 284ft.   3 / 242ft.   3 / 348ft.   3 / 309ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #2 White/Red Tee

Great Open Course

2-4    8/16/2011   3/20/2010
Review By: TAKRep
This review was updated on 9/2/2014
Pros: Nearly every hole on this course was a long throw over a field, so it really gives you a chance to work on your long drives. That being said, not every hole was the same. There was a surprisingly good mix of leftward, rightward, and straight shots. Elevation comes into play quite a bit on this course and further adds to the variety.
Multiple tees for every hole were a great edition. Any skill level player can play here (though, even the red tees might prove tough for a weak arm). There are also multiple pin placements that change every so often, further adding to the already great variety. Really nice signs have been added to every hole. They are top-notch, denoting the par, the distance, every tee placement, and the possible basket placements, as well as a next tee arrow. This makes the course very easy to navigate.
The baskets were nicely labeled with big signs on the tops that denoted the hole number. There were many other park amenities here (including another 18 hole disc golf course). There is also a little shop at the park that sells snacks, drinks, and DISCS.
Cons: The tees were often very very small. Far too small to do a nice run-up on. Some of the other reviewers who are obviously locals have jumped in to defend this, saying that it is to help you work on your footwork. Maybe that's true, but I still feel that some of these holes are so long that they require just a wee bit more room on the tee-off. On the weekends the park can be crowded (but this is also a testament to how great it is), so you may have to wait at some of the holes (luckily there are benches).
Other Thoughts: Between this and Wellspring, this park is great for a day of disc golf.

Cedarock Boys

5+    10/30/2009   1/14/2010
Review By: Trey133
This review was updated on 10/15/2013
Beautiful well designed signage for every hole showcases both the short and long layout.

New baskets! New innova baskets really assist in seeing the hole from the tee quick and easy. Makes the course look very sharp!

Wide open hole arrangement, you are going 200+ feet before any trees are concern on most shots.
Great place to work on distance shots and power hyzers.
Good turnout to sunday weeklys there for those that enjoy competitive rounds.
Neighbors a good wooded park (Wellspring), its possible to play the "Figure 8" and get 36 holes in.
Multiple Tee and positions for all holes and multiple pin positions for certain holes.
Cons: I like distance shots, but I know a lot of people don't care for repetitive "Throw as far as you can" shots back to back.
Easy to get lost out in the field as far as what tee to go to for the next basket.
Other Thoughts: This course is a blast to play, two of the nicest courses tucked away in Burlington. Wish they would put some more in!

Grip and Rip!

5+    10/1/2009   12/27/2009
Review By: ARock
Pros: Very long making it enjoyable to go out and let some discs rip. The course is very open with only the occasional tree in your way of getting to the pin. If you prefer a more technical game, the wooded course on the same site would be a better choice. A couple of very interesting holes including one on the front nine that is close to 70 degrees uphill. Nice course to work on rollers, if that's something you're into.
Cons: I love letting it rip but this is a little too open, even for me. Several of the holes are not accessible for deuces except for the biggest of arms. That means a lot of 100' approaches and tap ins for a three.
Other Thoughts: Great course for dogs although there is a ranger that roams around and makes sure they are on leashes.

5+    10/26/2009   10/31/2009
Review By: AdamCaudle
Pros: - Beautiful during summer and fall.
- Lots of open holes to air it out
- 4 tee positions and 2 pin positions offer a lot of variety and chances for all skill levels to have a good time.
- Well kept (not a lot of trash, mowed grass, etc.)
- Mix of short and long holes.
- Easy to get to off the highway.
- Another great course right next to it.
Cons: - Can get monotonous (with most holes just grip it and rip it)
- Tees are kind of small.
Other Thoughts: Overall it is a beautiful course that's well maintained and keeps me and my friends coming back all the time.

Solid Open Course

5+    8/15/2009   8/15/2009
Review By: sloppydisc
Pros: Mostly wide open course with mature trees as the only obstacles. Good use of trees, creek and hills. Good balance between left and right doglegs, as well as up and down hills. Great place to practice new shots or longer drives without being punished for a sloppy shot. Multiple tees and backet positions. Good concrete pads. Well mowed fairways.
Cons: Nothing spectacular, just a good solid course. Could be a bit dull for advanced players or those with real big arms. Not much of a risk reward decision on most holes.
Other Thoughts: Good place for working on your drives, and practicing different shots. Wellspring is in the same park, so you could play 2 totally different kinds of courses without driving around. Nice park with restrooms, pond and playground on site. Camping available in park also.

5+    8/8/2009   8/10/2009
Review By: aj4heels
Pros: Very open course, with a lot of room to let loose.
Well designed with very few fairways crossing.
There are benches at nearly every hole which is nice.
Cons: There are no signs at the teepad so you have to guess at the distances.
Also there are no signs leading you from one hole to the next.
The bathrooms aren't very close to the course, which is an annoyance.
The course actually has 20 holes, but typically it's set up for 18, you just don't know which layout until you get there, especially to # 3.
There are very few trash cans placed along the course.
The teepads are TINY, they're really more of a landing zone for your feet.
Other Thoughts: This is a decent course that has some variety but nothing spectacular about it really. Even though there are very few trash cans it's kept fairly clean, and it is definitely well groomed (Mowing, trimming, etc.). The course will test your arm strength, and occasionally your precision. It's just a little too basic for me #'s 3, 16, 17 & 18 are just grip and rip holes with very little risk involved. #'s 4, 7 & 8 are almost the exact same in being long RHBH hyzer shots that might have a tree come into play. It's still a good place to go and play because you can play 2 different courses & 2 different layouts of each in the same day.

Just ok.

1    7/4/2009   7/5/2009
Review By: axl_rose
This review was updated on 10/27/2009
Pros: - Nice wide open space

- Quiet and clean - no excessive litter
Cons: - Course lay out hard to follow from hole to hole

- Some tees not easily identified

- Course plays long due to additional walking up and down elevation changes
Other Thoughts: 10/24/09 ** I was asked to reconsider my review because I was informed that it was a touch to harsh. I will leave it at two stars but, I will amend what I have said. I think the course is very nice but, it didn't inspire excitement in me. I do think playing the course in the Fall would be more enjoyable. Overall, the course plays well but, the holes are not marked clearly though. **

Be prepared to walk a lot on this course. By the 10th hole we were tired. Walking from hole to hole was at times a bit confusing. When we were walking to from hole 2 to hole 3 we found hole 5 first because it was acutally closer to hole 2. Same thing was true with hole 10 and 11...hole 16 was closer. That lead to some confusion. This course would be better on a cool fall day. With that in mind I only gave it two stars.

worth the trip

1    5/8/2009   5/8/2009
Review By: dobsonr
Pros: This is the most open course I've ever played. Almost every hole is wide open, with several options on how to play it. There are four tees on each hole that make it playable at any skill level. Benches at every hole are a nice touch if you need a break. The course is in great condition and very well maintained. I played Cedarock and Wellspring on my way through town and it was a great experience. Having two courses on one property is great, and they are very different so it is worth checking them both out. If you're looking to catch some sun on a course with plenty of chances to air it out, Cedarock is for you. The shots and terrain are varied nicely, and it really is a beautiful course to play. If there wasn't another course right up the street I would have played a second round here - it's that nice.
Cons: The only notable downside to this course is the short tees. I have played plenty of courses that had worse tees, so I don't want to focus on it too much, but they were far too short for any kind of run-up to a shot. I started every shot from a few steps behind the tee, and it worked out fine.
Other Thoughts: I highly recommend checking out Cedarock (and Wellspring, too - if you have time for both). It's only about 10 minutes off the highway, and I was able to squeeze in a round at each course in less than 2 hours. The locals were very friendly and helpful, and the course itself is a gem. My favorite holes would have to be 10 (requires a tomahawk over a patch of trees), and 17 and 18, which both give you plenty of room to air it out.

A- = Almost As Good As It Gets

5+    7/21/2007   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- B
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- A+
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C-
Other Thoughts: I ranked this course subjectively based on my own personal enjoyment factor...more accurately my "personal addiction factor". Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they chose courses to play and explore.

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I say adds anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

1    4/12/2008   3/12/2009
Review By: jab7575
Pros: -Alternate tee boxes
-Wide open so you can let it rip
-Another course within walking distance
-Well maintained
-Some elevation mix
Cons: -Challenging to find the course. Even with directions it was a little tricky to locate
Other Thoughts: Only played this course once but did enjoy myself. Would have played more but it is about 50 miles from my home. I definitely recommend you visit this course. it is a lot of fun and there is anthoer course within walking distance