Burlington, NC
Hole #9 Alt Basket

Cedarock

5+    8/8/2009   8/10/2009
Review By: aj4heels
Pros: Very open course, with a lot of room to let loose.
Well designed with very few fairways crossing.
There are benches at nearly every hole which is nice.
Cons: There are no signs at the teepad so you have to guess at the distances.
Also there are no signs leading you from one hole to the next.
The bathrooms aren't very close to the course, which is an annoyance.
The course actually has 20 holes, but typically it's set up for 18, you just don't know which layout until you get there, especially to # 3.
There are very few trash cans placed along the course.
The teepads are TINY, they're really more of a landing zone for your feet.
Other Thoughts: This is a decent course that has some variety but nothing spectacular about it really. Even though there are very few trash cans it's kept fairly clean, and it is definitely well groomed (Mowing, trimming, etc.). The course will test your arm strength, and occasionally your precision. It's just a little too basic for me #'s 3, 16, 17 & 18 are just grip and rip holes with very little risk involved. #'s 4, 7 & 8 are almost the exact same in being long RHBH hyzer shots that might have a tree come into play. It's still a good place to go and play because you can play 2 different courses & 2 different layouts of each in the same day.

Just ok.

1    7/4/2009   7/5/2009
Review By: axl_rose
This review was updated on 10/27/2009
Pros: - Nice wide open space

- Quiet and clean - no excessive litter
Cons: - Course lay out hard to follow from hole to hole

- Some tees not easily identified

- Course plays long due to additional walking up and down elevation changes
Other Thoughts: 10/24/09 ** I was asked to reconsider my review because I was informed that it was a touch to harsh. I will leave it at two stars but, I will amend what I have said. I think the course is very nice but, it didn't inspire excitement in me. I do think playing the course in the Fall would be more enjoyable. Overall, the course plays well but, the holes are not marked clearly though. **

Be prepared to walk a lot on this course. By the 10th hole we were tired. Walking from hole to hole was at times a bit confusing. When we were walking to from hole 2 to hole 3 we found hole 5 first because it was acutally closer to hole 2. Same thing was true with hole 10 and 11...hole 16 was closer. That lead to some confusion. This course would be better on a cool fall day. With that in mind I only gave it two stars.

worth the trip

1    5/8/2009   5/8/2009
Review By: dobsonr
Pros: This is the most open course I've ever played. Almost every hole is wide open, with several options on how to play it. There are four tees on each hole that make it playable at any skill level. Benches at every hole are a nice touch if you need a break. The course is in great condition and very well maintained. I played Cedarock and Wellspring on my way through town and it was a great experience. Having two courses on one property is great, and they are very different so it is worth checking them both out. If you're looking to catch some sun on a course with plenty of chances to air it out, Cedarock is for you. The shots and terrain are varied nicely, and it really is a beautiful course to play. If there wasn't another course right up the street I would have played a second round here - it's that nice.
Cons: The only notable downside to this course is the short tees. I have played plenty of courses that had worse tees, so I don't want to focus on it too much, but they were far too short for any kind of run-up to a shot. I started every shot from a few steps behind the tee, and it worked out fine.
Other Thoughts: I highly recommend checking out Cedarock (and Wellspring, too - if you have time for both). It's only about 10 minutes off the highway, and I was able to squeeze in a round at each course in less than 2 hours. The locals were very friendly and helpful, and the course itself is a gem. My favorite holes would have to be 10 (requires a tomahawk over a patch of trees), and 17 and 18, which both give you plenty of room to air it out.

A- = Almost As Good As It Gets

5+    7/21/2007   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- B
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- A+
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- C-

1    4/12/2008   3/12/2009
Review By: jab7575
Pros: -Alternate tee boxes
-Wide open so you can let it rip
-Another course within walking distance
-Well maintained
-Some elevation mix
Cons: -Challenging to find the course. Even with directions it was a little tricky to locate
Other Thoughts: Only played this course once but did enjoy myself. Would have played more but it is about 50 miles from my home. I definitely recommend you visit this course. it is a lot of fun and there is anthoer course within walking distance

Great Field Course

1    2/18/2009   2/27/2009
Review By: Yank it Right
Pros: Nice Baskets. Concrete pads. Alternate Pin and Tee Locations. Challenging gaps on off the tee and Good Pin Placements. Course Flows from hole to hole with good options for different kinds of shots. Long Tees challenged my distance an putting. Hard to put a finger on a favorite hole. Liked Hole #5 uphill hyzer with good distance can get a putt for two, but well protected off the tee the shot has to be the right shape to get all the way to the hole.
Cons: Could use a couple next tee signs. Hard to paint baskets with alternate pin positions. Tournament OB may take care, just to Tighten up some of the landing areas. A couple holes play near each other.
Other Thoughts: with 36 holes in the park this is a great destination for disc golf. I really enjoyed my afternoon and would make it a point to come back. Personally liked Cedar Rock better than Wellspring, but both were a lot of fun.

great course

2-4    1/10/2009   2/18/2009
Review By: jleonar18
Pros: great layout with open holes and some wooded as well. Great course for beginners and still a fun course to get out and play for more experienced players.
Cons: you can get some smug snotty players out here. Dont be fooled they are yuppies and if you tell them to screw off they will.

My Favorite Open Course...

2-4    1/10/2009   1/15/2009
Review By: NauticalUrge
Pros: There are vast stretches of open grass fairways, covering 10 acres of rolling countryside, including nice elevation changes, lots of trees, and a creek. The mixture of terrain allows for uphill, downhill, direct, banking, and tight shots on goal. This is a beautiful, serene course which offers challenges for players of all levels.
Cons: While playing the course with two other friends of mine, we quickly discovered that navigating the course was much more challenging than anticipated. We did not have the luxury of having a map on hand, so we often found ourselves uncertain of which direction the next tee would be.
Other Thoughts: I highly suggest downloading and printing out a map from their website (http://www.alamance-nc.com/Al...k/Disc+Golf),or playing this course with a friend that has played it at least once.

Gorgeous Course

2-4    9/14/2008   1/13/2009
Review By: _.-Dut-._
Pros: With multiple tees, and great scenery this is one of the top courses I have played. There is something for everyone at this course especially when you consider Wellington is neighboring it. Nice Technical throws and also some air it out distance shots.
Cons: The same thing that makes it great also makes it confusing. The multiple teeboxes can make it hard to navigate for the first time.
Other Thoughts: Beautiful course and great disc golf. Worth the drive for anyone considering going.

Beauty & the Beast

1    10/11/2008   1/8/2009
Review By: DiscChainBasket18
Pros: Beautiful open course with green grass fairways & large, mature trees sprinkled throughout. Some elevation changes. Multiple tee pads. Concrete pads.
Cons: Need a few more benches. Tee signs a bit simple. You'll need a map to follow the course.
Other Thoughts: I played this course one time during a tournament. Wish I could've played it again. Great course & facility. Good club support. I'll def be back!