Course Extinct

Not worth the risk

1    1/3/2009   1/3/2009
Review By: optidiscic
This review was updated on 2/4/2009
Pros: I always enjoy the excuse to throw a disc so I threw my discs. Quick niner with other niner and short 18er nearby so you can feasibly play 36 holes in 3 hrs. I did not kill anyone during my round. They did not waste money putting tee pads in. Thank Goodness.
Cons: Plenty of cons. Its wet, marshy. In winter it is icy. Flat zero elevation. No fast greens. Short course. Very flawed in many ways. The course plays in a park that has multi uses. Soccer fields, Football field, baseball field, walking/running path everywhere. The course simply meanders through the miniscule spaces between all of these. Every hole either crosses the exercise trail or runs parallel to it. I almost threw at the same gentleman jogging 4 times. Ludicrous. There are no safe drives. One hole features a drive over the trail and directly over 2 park benches to the basket. Can you say off with your head! There is no real challenge. So no challenge and no safety means it is even a rotten beginner course. Only an experienced player would be able to weave his way around all of the danger to the public on this course. I am afraid a kid or beginner will kill someone playing or watching a game. Joggers must get fed up with random discs flying at them as well. The drives literally flow with the trail. Ouch! I played on a cold windy January day and had pedestrian trouble I cannot imagine it during summer spring or fall when the park is full. Tees are just posts in ground. a bit confusing at times.
Other Thoughts: The exposure such a dangerous course may give is not worth the bad reputation the sport will recieve when someone is annoyed or simply pelted by a thick rimmed driver. The course itself is not absolutely horrible for a beginner or a quick 9 in winter if you could somehow get rid of the athletic fields and exercise trail. Somehow I am sure an injury will result in the course being removed and again our sport will get a black eye and no one will allow us to build a course in a more appropriate setting.