West Branch, MI
Ogemaw Hills DGC Share
Uploaded By: DirtyMittenDG Hole #1 (Taken 8/2011)
3 / 215ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Very nice, well maintained course!

2-4    9/1/2013   9/3/2013
Review By: DLUBeatz
Pros: -Well maintained.
-Nice design for the most part.
-Easy to follow holes, with good signage.
Cons: -The river. (only when you're not used to the course and a beginner like myself)
-Didn't really care for the 2 holes next to the soccer field, but they still weren't bad, just kind of close to it.
Other Thoughts: I was on vacation and decided to head out there by myself after I read about it on here. I lost a disc in the river and jumped in and got it lol so it is possible to get it back, if you end up in there. I then lost my red wraith disc in the bushes and rough (because I'm colorblind and the red disc blended in) but then some nice local fellow came along, helped me find it and traded me for a nice blue pro destroyer because I could see it better. (Thank you again, if your reading this!) Nice course and some good helpful people out there. I will return anytime I'm in the area!

Par 3

5+    7/15/2012   7/17/2012
Review By: mirunner
Pros: Easy to follow tees, good for a a beginner or for a family event. The river is only a foot deep but moves fast so a floating disc is gone if it hits the water. Quiet course with only disc golfers out there unless there is a soft ball game.
Cons: Hole 5 and 6 is to close to the soccer field and the soccer net gets in the way. Some throne bushes in the way. Its hard to tell were to go after hole 4.
Other Thoughts: The need to put up a few more signs, and maybe a sign on m55 and Dam to tell you were it is, but fun to play.

Glad to have some Here

1    12/18/2011   12/18/2011
Review By: badsmurph
Pros: Pretty easy to follow. Was peaceful. Actually liked the natural pad with the snow on the ground. Liked 13 and 14 through the pines. Good mixature on holes. Good course to work on midrange and putter drives. little elavation
Cons: Pretty short course but understand due to new sport in area. Water didn't really come into play unless you had a horrible throw. During normal conditions I don't see myself (rated 980) throwing a single driver out herein normal conditions. threw some firebirds due to wind . Also didn't like the two holes really close to the soccer field on front.
Other Thoughts: Overall not a bad course and happy there is something to play up here. But like to see it in summer when i come back up.