Basic Beginner Style
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - I'm not exactly sure what the deal is with Indian Lake Nazarene Camp (ILNC). The property seems like some strange chimera of private neighborhood, trailer park, summer camp, and public park. Smack in the middle is a beginner-level nine-hole disc golf course. The course plays over a mostly open, grassy, lawn-like flat surface with a few small pines scattered about.
- Each tee has a bed of rocks covered with a rubber mat. The mats provide a decent enough surface, but the rocks underneath make things a bit lumpy and uneven. Signs designate each hole number but do not provide any other information.
- A few small pines come into play. Used to decent effect on #'s 4, 5 and 8. Some larger deciduous trees pop up on #3, but are mostly absent from the course.
- # 6's comparative length keeps this from completely being pitch and putt.
Cons: - Flat. Mostly open. Mostly mindless, easy disc golf. Even beginners won't find much challenge or excitement.
- #'s 4 and 5 throw over a road, albeit one that seems to have little traffic.
- Not much in the way of parking by #1's tee. I ended up parking by #2's tee and walked to #1.
- There are many wooden posts placed at intervals in the open space that comprises #'s 1 and 2's fairways. I don't know if these are RV/camper hookups or what, but if anything ever parks by them then you can forget playing the first and last hole of ILNC.
Other Thoughts: - I got a weird vibe from the surrounding area. It seems like a strange area to have a disc golf course, and it definitely puts off a private camp course vibe. I kept expecting someone to come out and yell at me that the course was closed or that I didn't pay or I had to join their cult or something.
- Yeah, unless you're course bagging or into really bland golf just go to Vicksburg Rec instead. Really, just about any of the surrounding area courses beat this.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.