Winnsboro, SC
Hole #10 Approach

Great new course for SC

1    1/11/2013   1/15/2013
Review By: terryjoshbennett
Pros: I drove 45 minutes and my friend drove an hour to play this course, and I believe we both would say that it was worth it. The staff, first, was very nice. They have a rack of Innova discs and some bags for purchase. Not many people frequent this course for disc golf, so the discs and bags are a bit dusty. When I say they have discs, they don't have a small selection like Dick's or Academy Sports; they have mostly pro plastic and champion plastic discs, with a great selection. The course is very hilly, and will wear your legs out. This course is very challenging, and can make a good player look very bad. The terrain definitely made for exciting holes.
Cons: The first con that I have for this course is that you have to pay $5 dollars plus tax in order to play the course. Seeing that on the site alone made me not want to play the course. But, I decided it would've been worth it, and it was. Watch out for hole #18...One review stated it's good to unload your entire bag. While that was fun, the fairway is surrounded by very thick trees and brush. We spend over 30 minutes searching for two discs. We found my friend's Champion Eagle, but never found my Champion Wraith.
Other Thoughts: I live in Rock Hill, SC, which is about 45 minutes away from this course. My friend lives in Lexington which is a good hour away from this course. We decided to meet at the course and try it out. Anyone from the Rock Hill area, this course is quite similar to Boyd Hill, but much longer. Anyone from the Columbia area, this course is a lot like Owens Field, but more hilly. All-terrain disc golf course is the perfect name for this course!!!

1    12/11/2011   12/15/2011
Review By: medic5888
Pros: 2 tee pads
Bright orange mach IV baskets!
Practice basket
Elevation on most of the holes, long bombs, tight wooded holes.
Restrooms on site.
Decent selection of innova discs
Tee signs that have the throwing routes and distances.
18 holes and a short 9 hole option.
Cons: As most of the people I played with the complaints of the tee pads, they were rough and got narrow towards the front of the pad, seems to be installed backwards as we are all used to them pads widening out at the front.

The course is still new so I really cant say this is a bad thing but it defiantly needs some foot traffic on it to get all the small roots and briars beat down.

Some of the distances on the tee pads seemed to be marked way wrong.

It can get really loud with all of the dirt bikes and atvs going around, and the trails do intersect with the course some, hole one you throw right over the trail from the long tee pad.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed this course, Its a great setting and not a bad drive from Lexington where I live 25 min. I love the fact if you are cold you can go in the shop and warm up, they have decent food that is not expensive. I will defiantly play this course again and probably several times.