2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: The addition of 9 extra pins last fall transformed LOM from a 2 star to a 3.5 star course (in my book, at least). The biggest difference? ELEVATION. Granted, there's only 4 holes at the end which utilize higher ground, but it's definitely a welcome change.
- Lots of distance on several holes. Overall range of 250 ft. to 600 ft.
- Despite the majority of open fairways, there's enough landscaping and natural obstacles to make for a fun/challenging round. For example, hole 7 requires you to shoot through winding trees, followed by an eighth hole which forces you to cut through a randomly placed row of birch (?) trees.
- There's also a putting practice pin placed right behind the first tee.
Cons: - On 3-6, the fairways crunch-in pretty close (which might make it confusing for newer players). These four holes need to be redesigned.
- Even with the changes, it's still an incredibly flat course.
Other Thoughts: DEC. 1, 2009 UPDATE: LOM now has concrete tee pads, as well as some minor changes in distance to several holes.
- Despite the lukewarm star rating, I am very glad to see a respectable 18 hole course in Mankato. Whenever I'm in the area, LOM is the best option for a solid round (St. Peter Riverside Park is a completely different story).
- The course is near a creek which feeds into the Minnesota River, so bring plenty of bug spray. Last time I played, the mosquitos and gnats were bat-s*** crazy.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.