Weyers Cave, VA
Blue Ridge Community College Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #2 (Taken 10/2011)
Hole #2 Approach

Something to pass time between classes

1    12/26/2014   12/27/2014
Review By: splatbaseball51
Pros: There isn't a lot to be said here, but I'll stretch for what I can.

Almost all the tees (1-3) have nice tee signs with par and distance info. Honestly I didn't expect to see signs at all so that was nice I suppose.

Hole 2 is actually a really nice tunnel shot that I'd love to see on any other course. So, I guess you could say that 25% of the course is actually "good"

The baskets are Innova DISCatchers, which I always enjoy. At least if you go play here you won't have to play on dilapidated baskets.

Although there are only 4 holes, there are 5 baskets. Not sure if that's a pro or a con, but will at least give you another basket to play safari golf with.
Cons: Firstly, there was some kind of weird construction tape around the parking lot and hole 1. Not sure how common that is but it was odd.

There aren't any tee pads or makers whatsoever. You'll find a tee sign on holes 1-3, but after that you're on your own.

Like I mentioned above, I couldn't find hole 4's tee sign. I also noticed a basket labeled "5" but no tee pad for that one either. After hole 3, I just played safari golf for the final 2 holes.
Other Thoughts: Don't drive out of the way to play here. It's pretty easy, uninspiring and extremely short. It's right off of I-81 and is an easy pick-up for course-hunters.

Really, the only reason this course likely exists is for students to goof off during breaks. If it weren't for hole 2's beauty and the fact that the baskets are in great shape, I would have given it a 0.0.

Get it in now, might no be there much longer.

1    6/17/2012   6/17/2012
Review By: aPfaff
Pros: -It's a course...
-It had nice fairly new Discatchers.
-The tee signs showed the Footage and Par
-Hole 1 started out pretty nice
-The course sits on a small but beautiful campus
-The land that they have to work with has some elevation
Cons: Where do I begin

- Only 4 holes
- No "Fair"ways on holes 2 and 3 (at least in the summer time)
- Almost no trimming of the vegetation
- Poor design
- NO TEEBOXES... it was pick a spot near the sign and throw
- Basket for #4 was missing
- Roped off area on 4's fairway
- Hole 2 was just plain stupid in it's design
- Didn't use the land to the full potential
- Tee signs didn't show pictures (except 1's that showed the map of the course)
Other Thoughts: So much more potential can go into this small piece of land. If I were you I'd try to Safari rather than play the actual course. If you want might as well tee off from the bench on 2. There was minor construction around, so I'm thinking that the course may not be there much longer.

25% Reduction

1    4/8/2012   4/9/2012
Review By: swatso
Pros:
Room to expand - gentling rolling open land, occasional tree.
Cons:
Only four holes, of which:

* The open space where basket-4 normally sits was being used as overflow parking, so the basket had been replaced by a pylon.

* Hole-2 was ridiculous - only ~240', but impregnable branches/trees at the midpoint, and no realistic alternative lines.
Number-1 is an open, up-slope, ~250' hole.

Number-2 - see above.

Number-3 is a right-turner, flat, ~220' hole.

Number-4 is an open, down-slope, ~280' hole.

Teesign-2 attached to bench; teesign-4 attached to gazebo.

Serious course-baggers only.

It is what it is

2-4    3/10/2012   3/12/2012
Review By: Henryjaydunn
Pros: -Its free and well maintained
Cons: -The obvious, its only 4 holes
Other Thoughts: -2 open drives and 2 wooded drives
-only about 10-15 minutes away from the Bridgewater course, sometimes I'll play this course once or twice as a warmup.