Frielendorf, Germany
Ferienpark-Silbersee Share
Uploaded By: ElementZ Hole #7 (Taken 2/2012)
-- / 213ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

fun course

1    5/13/2012   5/14/2012
Review By: discinsoldier
Pros: good course. The holes are somewhat challenging. Good day overall. good placement for the holes as well
Cons: Some of the tees aren't marked but most are. Easy to determine them however so it won't be difficult to distinguish between them
Other Thoughts: nice walk to eat. No gripes or complaints. I'll definitely be back to this one.

Pinball!

1    2/25/2012   2/26/2012
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: This is without a doubt the most wooded course I've ever played, but I'll address this again in the cons.

This course has new Crosslap baskets with a nice, big yellow headband which makes finding them easy. This course has the potential to be a great course because of the hilly greens and the mountain bike track fairways.

The best thing about this course are the very protected and hilly greens, which are pretty unique to this course.
Cons: The course is very new and I had a pretty hard time finding it because no one I asked had any idea there was even a course here. It's on the south side of the lake, opposite from the entrance. Park on the west side of the sea by the Kegel bahn and walk counterclockwise along the sea and you'll run into the 9th basket first. The first tee is a little bit farther (knowledge I wish I had when I played here…).

The course is too wooded. I've never had this problem with a course before, but either some trees need to be cut down, or the tees moved to a different spot. I was very frustrated by the end of the 8th hole because there's absolutely no line towards the basket and I was really asking myself "What was the designer thinking?". This course doesn't come down to skill, it comes down to luck. For example, take a look at the picture I posted for #5. You literally have to throw it at that one foot gap and pray. But, like I said, if some trees were removed, this course has potential to be much better than it currently is.

Also, I believe this is a "pay to play" course, but I went on a Saturday and there was no one to take my money, so I won't complain. Maybe the next reviewer can provide insight on playing on a weekday or in the summer…
Other Thoughts: I only played this course one time and I was so fed up with the unfair fairways that I left. I suppose you could argue it's "challenging", but I've played challenging courses and this was just unfair and I played this in winter when there were no leaves on the trees….