Nice city course
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Nice park setting
Not too long
Nice variation in elevation.
The planned water hazards and trees are used to good effect.
Cons: The course floods so badly in the winter that it moved a 10 foot long bridge 75 feet down the small creek. As of April 6, there's 4-5 inches of standing water in the fairway for hole 3.
No tee signs.
Basket markings are old and faded.
If the last two were fixed I would definitely bump up the rating.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Course is set in a pretty small city park, which has a walking path but not much else going on. The only possible interference is most likely going to be from other disc golfers.
- Decent amount of trees here, as well as a small section of forest, to force some tricky lines. #1 has a tree to go under or around, and #4 and #6 have a smattering of skinny trees to avoid. #3 and #8 are both pretty similar, a blind RHFH flick shot around woods. #7 shoots up into a clearing in the forest, while #5 is a hyzer with a couple gaps to hit off the tee.
- Pretty good elevation changes here as well, which appear even more extreme due to shorter hole lengths. #2 and #9 play up a steep hill, and #7 is definitely uphill as well. #3 and #8 are the more extreme downhill shots, and #1 and #5 are noticeable as well.
- Water hazards come into play in the form of a small creek. Four of the holes cross it; #4 and #8 are closer to the basket than the tee, while #6 and #7 have the creek closer to the tee. It's easy to avoid getting wet without much difficulty, but it's a possibility.
- Nice pads, baskets are old but are fine. The map in front is plenty good for navigation.
Cons: - Since the park is so small, a lot of the holes are extremely crammed together. Some fairways cross (#4 and #6), lots of potential close calls. Always keep an eye peeled for errant (and not so errant shots) from other places.
- Because of that, hole lengths here are on the very short side, with an average of 218'. Some play a little longer due to elevation changes, but it's still small.
Other Thoughts: - Well, this course has some good features, and some bad features. The holes, though short, are pretty interesting and have decent variety. Different lines and elevation changes help out a ton. But, the short distances, and the crammed layout, really take away from the quality. Best suited for beginners, or a quick round for more experienced players.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.