Victoria, TX
Riverside Park Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #1 (Taken 4/2009)

A Pro Says Flat Out Fun

5+    11/3/2009   11/3/2009
Review By: Mr. C
Pros: This course is a monster. With several huge holes at sea level (3 over 600 feet), you've done a days work if you par it. And even the shorter holes demand disc selection, skill, and putts. I was flat out challenge. This is one of the best designed (and fair in my opinion) pro level disc courses I've ever played and I've played in over 30 pro tournaments.
Cons: It's really too bad that this course isn't better kept up. With some time and energy and money you could have great signage, different pin placements, maps, new baskets, straight baskets, no trash, benches. Everything's there:bathrooms, community board, parking, trees, views, the river, great layout.
Other Thoughts: This could be a legendary Texas course in a backwater Texas town (Victoria?). I'm just passing through, on my way to play in Austin, and bam! - I play Riverside Park three rounds until I finally shot even. Crazy!!! So, locals a shout out. Step it up! Get the Chamber involved. Get the City involved. Parks and Rec. Club members. Whatever. It's a gem only if you keep it polished!

Awesome..

1    2/1/2009   2/18/2009
Review By: jlow54
Pros: Great views of the river, you can see the zoo and the holes are well layed out, need i say more?
Cons: If you throw your disc in the river I hope you werent too attached to it because you WILL NOT get it back...
Other Thoughts: Bring your big guns I know my destroyer and wraith got an amazing workout has great mix of long and midrange holes...ideal course for an avid player...