White Settlement, TX
Saddle Hills DGC Share
Uploaded By: Donovan Hole #9 (Taken 12/2011)
Hole #9 Long Tee

Doesn't "flow".

1    7/20/2014   7/21/2014
Review By: DiscFifty
Pros: If you like challenging courses to the point of frustration, this course is for you. Scenery is varied and is a better course to "hike" around than to actually play in my opinion.
Cons: No signs, no concrete tees, no real direction where the next hole is. Course doesn't flow, looks like the front 9 had a bit of thought but the back 9 seems as if it was put together very quickly just to get something up and running.
Other Thoughts: The land has some serious potential to be one of the top courses in the DFW area!! But the current course design just isn't fun to play. I LIKE to play hard courses, but I don't like to play hard courses that are under developed. This course needs better maintenance, proper signs, tees, a better general flow from hole to hole. Again, the land has AWESOME potential, maybe they will get some funding and re-do the layout, tees, etc, etc. But for now, out of all the DFW courses I've played, this is the first course that really didn't impress me enough to think about playing it again.

Challenging and interesting

2-4    7/15/2013   7/31/2013
Review By: cbrd
Pros: - This course provides a variety of hole types and uses the water well.
- There's no shortage of challenging and technical shots; this is an A-game course
Cons: - The newer back nine still needs some TLC. While many of the holes are fun and difficult, there are a couple that have terrible or no signage, and one hole in particular (14 I believe) is an absolutely worthless hole. I have lost a couple of discs on this hole. It's covered in burrs and not only is it a blind 1 and 2 shot, if you griplock you may as well head to the store to buy a new disc.
- Signage could be improved.
Other Thoughts: A difficult course that plays challenging and will make you a better player.

Evolving Course

5+    5/18/2013   5/24/2013
Review By: Schneider1978
Pros: Evolving Course...improvements are being made...tees being moved around a bit....fairways mowed...the woods are the woods but played enough to be cleared...some what...
Cons: Signage would be nice...also...the map at the course indicates 9 hole course but its an 18 hole course...but then again I stopped looking at it because it was inaccurate...but do some scouting...some are obvious and some are harder to find
Other Thoughts: Its an evolving course..a fun course at that...many shots, water in play, trees, open but challenging fairways...then tight high risk shots...TO PLAY IT... IS TO EXPLORE IT...yeah...give me a basket and I will throw at it....on a dirt pad.... WHATT???!!!

Plesant Surprise

1    11/24/2012   11/24/2012
Review By: Tiny
Pros: Normally I do a 1-10 list of stuff I like. Let's change the format.

I pull up expecting a bad course, but it is just a disc golf course, which is awesome compared to a lot I've played. There is ALOT of shots needed, including the following, hyzers, straight shots, hyzer spikes, hyzer flips, anhyzers, flex shots, and even a thumber if you prefer that to hyzerflips.

It's well groomed on a lot of the holes, others would be hard to groom due to the terrain. There is a lot of hiking involved on this course, so bring water! I loved the hiking, makes disc golf so much more enjoyable to me.

Last but not least, low traffic on the course when I played. Not too many chuckers aimlessly chucking discs while I'm finishing the hole.
Cons: There's a couple, The teepads could actually be concrete instead of dirt that is rocky. A couple of them I decided throwing on the side of it was safer.

The signs were hard to read and both pin locations aren't marked, so scouting the holes in necessary.

Some of the spots where you need to cross the creek, there is very few ways to do so, a lot of them you just have to trek around or chance getting your feet wet. This place could use some big rocks in the places where you cross or small discreet bridges, I'd love to keep it mostly natural, because that's what it mostly is atm.
Other Thoughts: I'll play here again, and soon. A lot of the holes are short and I've been working on teeing off with my putters. It's a solid course, bring a map, you will get lost.

Saddle Hills

2-4    3/4/2012   8/5/2012
Review By: BigGAC1
Pros: Challenging, technical course.
Cons: Very difficult to find your was around. Make sure you take a map - even then you will still get lost at least once. Extremely overgrown in some spots.
Other Thoughts: I will never play this course in the spring or summer again. I lost two discs on this course, both in spots that I thought for sure I would be able to find the disc. Its just way too overgrown and it eats discs. Only go when the vegetation is dead i.e. fall or winter. But it is a fun course, offering a lot of riskreward, and some good elevation and obstacles.

Mixed feelings

1    4/13/2012   7/5/2012
Review By: mashnut
Pros: When I pulled up in the parking lot, it looked like another mediocre park course. I was very pleasantly surprised when the course went back into the woods. Several holes play with very tight lines through dense scrubby trees. Some of these play along a small creek, adding some cool looking shots and some fun risky greens.

A few of the holes play more open, and have more distance in play. Some steep hills add some fun downhill shots and some tricky uphill shots. The park style holes at the beginning and end provide a nice contrast to the wilder holes in the middle, and have enough trees and water in play to keep things interesting.
Cons: Navigation is rough here, there are some longer walks, the tees aren't marked and the course plays in three different sections of the park with road crossings between. Even with the course map there was some frustrating wandering to find all the holes, and more walking to figure out where to throw since there are no tee signs.

The tees are really rough, with many that are rocky or rutted and simply don't provide a good throwing surface. Some areas of the course were pretty overgrown when I played, and offered chances to lose a disc in the middle of the fairway. A few holes in the middle felt like simple wide open filler holes that didn't fit with the character of the rest of the course.
Other Thoughts: The fun factor is high here, there are several really cool holes bringing water and elevation into play. Beginners may find this course a bit tough, with some punishing rough and a few longer holes. More experienced players will enjoy the variety of challenges here. This would be a great course to have locally, it was a little frustrating for a traveling player without a guide but still well worth the stop.

Very Good only small let down

1    6/21/2012   6/22/2012
Review By: Discengineer
Pros: Has come a long ways from a 9 hole course about 6 months back. But lets just say this is a very good course of change up shots, elevation, creek. My only hang ups are no Concrete pads, 13,14 really suck mainly 14 its a disc eater/loser way over grown and very hard to hit. 13 straight up hill fun but to many stick tights. Needs some weedeater. Hole 9 Took awhile to find and figure out
Cons: No Concrete Tees
Hole 9 Took awhile to find
Need a map
14 is bad
Other Thoughts: Was a very fun course just needs a little more traffic but will come back to this one. Majority of it is great

Brandon Melton Does it Again

1    5/8/2012   5/8/2012
Review By: Kuel
Pros: Variety of shots needed. I threw every disc in my bag, literally, I've never been able to say that before. Very secluded feel once you get away from the main park. Some good risk/reward shots in the meat of the course of that help keep rounds interesting.
Cons: TAKE THE MAP YOUR FIRST TIME. My buddy and I spent 30 minutes looking for the pin on 9, after we mistakenly threw at 12's pin. Still very new and needs to be broken in some more (So go play it). The fairway is a little tight on 17 (next to Clifford) but it could be seen as just another challenge to the course. Some holes could also use some OB clarification.
Other Thoughts: I love this course. My score on this course was exactly what I scored at Z-Boaz, which I had played immediately prior. 14 is not even funny.

Course is Much Improved

1    4/29/2012   4/29/2012
Review By: HoopHound
Pros: Locals or city have cleaned up considerably. New holes in back side now are much more defined and enjoyable. Disc loss risk down a lot. This is a pretty challenging course - requires wide variety of technical shots, and a few holes let you open up and throw.
Cons: Still rough on the new holes.
Other Thoughts: This course is really coming together. Whoever is putting in the work - thank you! I'm in town once every couple weeks and try to play when I'm here.

my backyard

5+    4/17/2012   4/17/2012
Review By: trevor
Pros: good challening course
multiple pin and tee boxes
great elevation changes
Cons: overgrown on most of the back 9
14 is just a crazy shot lost several disc on this one.
hard to find yellow tees
alot of mosquitos (so bring your off if you dont want to get ate up)
Other Thoughts: could be maintained better
on hole 5 the creek has washed away alot of the walking path so makes it dangerous
i enjoy this course cause its a block from the house and i play it everyday