Utica, MI
River Bends Share
3 / 277ft.   3 / 277ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #7

Give it a try, it's dry (right now)

1    6/23/2012   6/25/2012
Review By: ovar
Pros: Teepads, baskets were in good condition. Each tee area had a bright orange rock marking the hole #. Fairways were mowed. All holes were dry and playable. No missing baskets. Variety of hole types and throws needed. Good use of the river to throw over, around.
Cons: Limited signage.
The course could use a good course map. Maybe someone who frequents the course could make one.
I can be difficult to know which way a hole dog legs.
Other Thoughts: I honestly had low expectations heading to this course based on previous reviews on this site. I was lucky to meet up/play with some regulars to the course so navigation was not a problems. The course seemed to be well maintained and the actual course layout was interesting and kept me excited to see what the next hole had to offer.

I feel this course would benefit from some solid guides to help first timers. I also feel a course map (other than the poor one currently on the site) would benefit many first time players.

Fun Water Hazards

5+    7/17/2009   7/21/2009
Review By: discin248
Pros: Love the water hazards
Variety of shots
am and pro tees
I seem to find alot of discs there
Cons: No signs on holes
Bugs
Lots of mud and standing water in the begining of the season
Baskets often stolen and no replaced for some time
Other Thoughts: One of my favorite courses around
the water hazards are very well thought out I often find myself swiming in the river
and coming up with my disc and some others. Tee on last water hole has fallen into river

One of my favorites

5+    9/24/2008   9/24/2008
Review By: VeeAreSix
Pros: Challenging course mixing up short holes with some long ones and lots of open shots. The signature hole on this course is hole 15 which runs the entire length of the river and is one of the most challenging holes in disc golf I've played. It's consumed many discs but I never pass it by!
Cons: The river likes to steal discs from everyone. There are kids that will get the discs out and even if its your disc and has your name on it and phone number, they'll still try to sell it back to you.
Other Thoughts: If you like Stoney then you'll like Riverbends!