1 Helpful / 1 Not
Love this course!
Pros: 1. It's got a practice basket. Some parks neglect this and it leaves me baffled.
2. It's well marked and has a nice signs at each pad giving you a little history about the park.
3. It's got a nice and easy layout. Making it perfect for first timers. It also has some nice intermediate tees that offer a bit more of a challenge.
4. The grass is always trim and proper.
5. The tee pads are concrete.
All in all it's just a great course. I would like to see a tournament out there sometime soon.
Cons: 1. The water hazard has dangerous bacteria signs. There was a lot of garbage in the water also but it looks like someone has come along and cleaned that out recently. Thanks.
2. Walking under the overpasses can be a bit strange with the people that inhabit them. Also there have been some strange findings.
3. No usable bathrooms.
Other Thoughts: As I have said, I really enjoy this course and am happy to see something help revitalize an area of downtown. It's got and awesome backdrop with all of the buildings and historic homes. If you can look past a bit of rubbish, this is a great course to play. Cheers!
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Offers a variety of holes/baskets that provide the player some technical shots as well as some distance shots that allow you to run up and chuck it. Klutho Park is one of the oldest parks in the city with a ton of history. Hogans Creek, that comes into play on several holes, is a man made creek that was used in the early 1900's for gondola races (among other things).
Cons: No restrooms and only one spot on the course to get any drinking water (from a water fountain near the tennis courts, hole 14).
Other Thoughts: The (longer) yellow tees were put in after the initial blue tees and are not currently as well marked as the shorter blue tees. That is where this course can be improved.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.