Somerset, KY
Rocky Hollow Park Share
Uploaded By: HB553 Hole #1 (Taken 12/2011)

Nice, tough, slightly technical course

1    12/12/2014   12/12/2014
Review By: jbrian24
Pros: Ill start by saying that I fail to see the flaws in this course that some others have seen. This course starts with a nice course map and practice basket right next to the parking area. The first 9 holes have a lot of well used elevation changes. The holes have defined lines for you to hit, but a tree hit can send you well off course since you are playing on a hillside. The terrain has grown in well and was fairly easy to traverse. The back 9 holes are more flat, but do require more accurate shots due to creek and walking path OB lines. I actually enjoyed these holes as well as the front. Hole 11 was the only bad hole and that is due to recent nearby construction. There are great benches at every hole and plenty of trash cans.
Cons: Some tee signs are a little off on basket locations. Make sure you look ahead as the most noticeable basket may not be the one you need to play to.
Other Thoughts: If you are in this area and are looking to throw a round then I would absolutely give this place a try. I think it is ten times better than either course across town.

Could have been the best 9 holer in the state... settled for a mediocre 18.

1    6/23/2014   6/23/2014
Review By: goosefraba1
Pros: I had the chance today to play this course. After only seeing 2 reviews on here, I thought it would give me a chance to give an unbiased opinion. Let me start out by saying that this park has some pretty awesome terrain, and it looks like parks and rec, or the club takes great care of the area. This course is fair, if you know where the baskets are (I will go into that later in the cons). Seemed as though there were very few tweener holes on this course. All seemed like legit par 3s and 4s. The elevation change..... this course offers a variety of well planned elevation change. I was pretty impressed from the get go. The amenities are great here... a bench at every hole... plenty of trash cans... awesome gym area that you park beside.... great course map. The fun factor is definitely there as is difficulty in the front 9.
Cons: The Front 9: Really not too much negative to say here. My only complaint is that we threw to the wrong basket on 3 different shots. Now 1 time I would say would be the throwers fault at an Intermediate level, 2 times might be coincidence, 3 times.... 3 times has to be a design fault. What is worse... is that those shots were actually better looking holes (for instance hole 3s pad to 5s basket).

I feel that this course might have been professionally setup for the first 9 or 10 holes by HB ... and then the rest were just an after thought. The course would be better without 7 of the last 9 holes... plain and simple. The shots often play near a walking path, or a mostly dry creek. They just don't flow with the front 9 holes. It really started feeling that I was crossing my steps back and forth, and that both the pads and the baskets were placed by the Parks and Rec instead of HB. It started looking like the pads were stacked side by side on every hole there on the back 9. Just a really weird flow.
Other Thoughts: If I was rating the front 9 only... or if this was a 9 hole course, I would probably rate it as high as a 4. If I was rating the back 9 only, I would rate it as low as a 2. I am rating this course as a 2.5... that is how bad the back 9 is.... the course probably should rate at 2.75. If you are in the area, I would probably pass on this course and play its big brothers at PC Park.

Rocky Hollow

1    8/29/2012   9/29/2012
Review By: DRUMROOSTER
Pros: nice Tees and everythings new..
Cons: Grass not filled in yet..but its new so I understand,,gonna be a muddy course with any Rain at all..I felt like some of the holes could be shorter to make the Course more appealing to new players cause of all the steep Terrian..
Other Thoughts: goin back soon to see how the grass is doin and play it again

Good use of terrain

1    7/14/2012   7/17/2012
Review By: AkDem
Pros: This is a pretty unique course because of the amount of elevation change. Almost every hole involves either an elevation change of more than 50 feet or a steep slope in one direction or another. Tee boxes and baskets are all in great shape. Lots of benches and trash cans. Very little undergrowth even though it is a very wooded course.
Cons: Due to the steep elevation, some holes are pretty hard to play if there has been a decent amount of rain recently. Just getting to your disc can be quite an adventure. There is one hole (3 I think...) where some vines and stuff hang right in the path of the tee box. This may be by design, but I got frustrated with it after hitting them on 3 different drives... Other than that, no real complaints.
Other Thoughts: Hole 7 is awesome. It's about a 300 foot hole with well over 100 feet in elevation drop. A well thrown putter can easily cover the distance. Try to avoid this course if it has rained recently.