6 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) Nice red powder coated baskets really stand out in the fall and wintertime, but might be hard to see when everything is green.
2) Tees are currently marked with posts in the ground and the tops painted red. the posts have the distance and the hole # which helps with navigation as people play this course for the first time.
3) Nice variety in elevation. Holes #1 and 4 go straight up the hill. #3 goes straight down the hill. Holes 2, 5, 6, and 8 go along the side of the hill creating interesting shots. This is a nice variety of elevation change and isn't just straight up and straight down.
4) Density of the foliage here is diverse. There are a couple fairly open holes, there are a couple with open fairways but baskets tucked into the woods or protected wooded areas, along with a couple of tight densely wooded holes.
5) The challenge on this course will com from multiple things. The wind will be a factor on many of the holes as the baskets are more exposed than some of the fairways. The elevation will alter hole distances significantly on a couple of the holes. The tightly wooded fairways have plenty of places to knock you down and force a challenging upshot. The dense underbrush will most certainly become something you need to be concerned with because if you get in it, you might not have an easy way out. All in all good variety and good challenge. You also need to be able to work your disc all directions and at varying heights too.
Cons: 1) Course is incomplete in its clearing at this point. I expect this work to be completed and I will immediately update my review to reflect it has been completed. There are quite of few trees and scrub that likely should be removed in order to create fair shots.
2) The ground in the fairways is really uneven. There are pockets all over the place that could lead to tripping or ankle injuries. These areas could be taken care of easily with a brush hog to remove the vines, stumps, etc and help level out the ground.
3) Grass tees currently. Not sure if concrete are planned, but I will update as soon as I hear if they have changed.
4) Not beginner friendly really because of the tighter dense fairways. This is a recreational to intermediate level course. Beginners will struggle unless serious clearing takes place.
Other Thoughts: As always . . . take this review with a grain of salt. The course has not been open long and still has a bit of work to be completed. I wanted to get the course listed so people knew it was there and give it a shot.
It is fun to throw many of these holes despite the troubling trees and other maintenance issues, but I am sure most of my issues will be handled in short order as the city has the funds to attack those areas.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.