Pine, CO
Phantom Falls Mini DGC Share
Uploaded By: osborncl Hole #9 (Taken 9/2013)

Phantom's Mini Me

1    9/9/2014   5/17/2015
Review By: sillybizz
Pros: I have decided to compare and rate this course to other mini courses that I have played instead of comparing it to a large course for regular sized discs. There are at least a dozen other mini courses listed on this site and most reviewers are comparing mini courses to each other in their review/rating and I think that's fair.

I love the unique aspects of this game and mini courses are no exception to that especially this well laid out and thought out course. You get a lot of the same fun, challenging lines and elevation shots that you would with Phantom Falls. The hanging baskets are a nice touch, easy to see and challenging to putt on. On second thought maybe it's challenging because you're using minis?
Cons: I've played six mini courses in my travels but this one I would put at the top of that list. The only reason I haven't given this course a full five discs is that my experience with these courses is limited and I'm not sure what else is out there with these mini courses. Maybe I'll find a mini course that looks like IDGC and has multiple par four/five holes on it and the greens fee is actually a tax return or something. I may move my rating up in time. Oh wait this is the con section right? hmmmm ..... It's not in my backyard?
Other Thoughts: Interestingly (to me at least) many people who play this game have never tried to throw a mini before. That being said you may get frustrated trying to throw one of these things and have flashbacks to your first few rounds with big discs. A select few may have a lot of experience with them and find this course not so challenging but it's tasty anyway you slice this pizza. Oh by the way you don't need to bring a mini with you as there are several around the course that you can use and are encouraged to do so. I can't say enough good things about Paulie and his hospitality, these courses are so much fun and are an excellent disc golf destination for anyone.

Phantom's Little Sister

1    4/9/2014   4/10/2014
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -Beautiful views and property
-Mini DG is an interesting challenge and good cool-down from your long 39 hole round of PF.
-Some interesting shots with varied elevation, hard putts, potential roll-aways.
-Paulie is a great ambassador for the sport and a great host.
-You can borrow mini discs from Paulie for use on the course
-Navigation is easy with next tee signs and tee signs. Baskets are numbered. Next basket is usually pretty easy to find near the last tee.
-Nice gold DGA mini baskets.
Cons: -It is a mini disc golf course
-Mini disc golf courses just aren't nearly as fun as real disc golf courses

*There really isn't anything wrong with this course. It is just really hard for me to justify giving this 9 hole mini course any rating higher than this when I give decent 9 hole real disc golf courses similar rankings. If this was a review site for mini courses then this one would be pretty good.
Other Thoughts: -I chose to rate this course in comparison to other disc golf courses and not against mini courses. This site does not make a distinction between the two and I don't even know if any other mini courses are listed on here. It seems silly to me that a 9 hole mini course could be rated near the best of the best real courses with many more holes.
-This course might be a little more fun if I had more experience with minis. They were very flippy and hard to do much of anything with for me.
-Don't come here for the mini course (duh!) but if you play Phantom Falls (which you should) then you might as well play this course as well for a change of pace and a new experience.

Professional 9 Hole Mini DG Course

5+    2/4/2013   2/24/2013
Review By: paulrothley@msn.com
Pros: For a mini DG course I don't know how it could get any better? This mini DG course has gold plated perminent DGA mini DG baskets, flawless signage, perfect tee-boxes, benches at every hole, trash cans, bottle openers, piped in music from the house, and loaner mini discs for all guests. The design is very challenging and creative using hanging baskets, stumps,
V-trees, etc. The 9 hole course flows like a dream, and wraps around on itself perfectly, so if you wanted to play 18 holes you could do so very fluidly. This course is an extremely fun warm down from the very strenuous Phantom Falls DGC.
Cons: For a mini DG course none.
Other Thoughts: Keep in mind, the 5 stars is for mini DG course comparison only. Also for transparentcy, I am the designer and the owner. I would love for you to come and visit us sometime. For more information go to http://PFDGC.com

Great Finish to tough round

1    1/17/2013   1/17/2013
Review By: asjzn6
Pros: I have never played mini golf and really enjoyed, navigation is the same as big course so very simple. I really enjoyed the creative mounting of the mini baskets.
Cons: No cons on this course
Other Thoughts: Make sure you get to Phantom Falls and play the 47 hole extravaganza

not much to say

1    12/1/2012   12/2/2012
Review By: EricBasile
Pros: great place!! Nothing i can really say bad about it.
Cons: Fun!!! 9 holes and very easy to follow.
Other Thoughts: Not much to say Paulie did a great job. The only way you can see what i'm talking about is to see it yourself. Great job Paul we had a lot of fun at the course.

Mini Madness!

1    12/1/2012   12/1/2012
Review By: AndyJB
Pros: -Great intuitive layout that actually makes you shape some good lines
-Super fun cool down after 38 crazy holes at the Phantom
-Loaner minis if you dont have your own
-Cool mini baskets, some of which are hanging
Cons: Really no cons. Its a mini course. Its Phantom Falls. What more needs to be said?
Other Thoughts: An absolute must play if you are at the Phantom. You will be exhausted after your round, but its so worth it. Lots of fun, and actually pretty challenging.

More Awesomeness

2-4    10/28/2011   1/20/2012
Review By: Sandman1981
This review was updated on 1/23/2012
Pros: Just another awesome thing to do after you get done playing the monster course! It's different and I've never had the chance to play a mini course anywhere else in Colorado. Hanging baskets, unique placements and an added degree of difficulty but three chances on each shot make it both fun and technically demanding.
Cons: Usually you play it at the end of your time at Phantom Falls, which sucks because it means you are leaving soon.
Other Thoughts: Creative placement of baskets and unique use of natural features make the mini course almost as cool as its big brother. Paulie has put a lot of time an energy into making such a wonderful playground for us all to experience and is continually looking to make it more fun.