Olde Mill Practice Area
Pros: 1) Another place to expose people to this game.
2) 3 holes all have some interest to them. One goes uphill and sits under a tree, one goes across a dropoff and inside a line of trees, and one goes down a small hill and is a fun throw.
3) There is some challenge with the variety of the three holes which is still a positive.
4) Beginner friendly because it is mostly open and there is no risk of losing a disc.
Cons: 1) Discatchers have a lot of rusty chains.
2) You throw over a baseball field, along a soccer field, and up to a playground area. This is not the safest layout in the world, but perhaps the 3 holes are usable when the other activities are not happening. I only had one person there, but it was early on a Saturday morning.
3) One could argue that people might get more disenfranchised with this sport because of this course being an annoyance for other park users.
4) No trees to really contend with, unless you throw an errant shot.
5) Grass tees always leave something to be desired.
6) Tees are not marked, it is basically just three baskets to be thrown at or putted at. I picked logical place for tees to be placed.
7) Distance variation is terrible with all three holes playing very similar lengths.
Other Thoughts: That's about it and that's about all I can say.Of the practice areas I have played, this has some of the more fun shots to throw but there are too many negatives that go along with this property to rate it higher.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.