Delaware, OH
Ft. Cheshire DGC Share

Ehh

1    3/4/2012   3/5/2012
Review By: thebuckeyeguy
Pros: Great DisCatcher baskets. Good use of small lot (although mostly wide open, most holes are near trees/bushes). Nice shot selection, with a couple of creative route opportunities. Ability to play a round on a lunch break.
Cons: Not very long or challenging. No real elevation, and the ground was kinda swampy in areas. This is more of a 6-hole course at this time than a 9-hole course. Still pretty raw.
Other Thoughts: I went on a Sunday and the office was closed, so I was not able to get a map, which I'm sure would've helped. I did find a park ranger, who said he had not played the course but was under the impression that only 6 of the 9 holes were complete, and I would agree.
The six open holes are on the other side of the road from the parking lot, near the campground check-in office. They flow well and have orange flags for tee pads. The other three holes are in the woods near the parking lot, but after trekking around I was not able to find pads/flags nor a distinct route to the basket.
I am not sure about the long-term intention of this course as the 18-hole course across the reservoir is temporarily closed (last I heard it re-opens in June). It is short (20-25 minutes) and easy, but if you take it for what it is you'll still have fun. It is a great course to practice your mid-range game, and I found it to be challenging if you play each pad to the next hole's basket (1 pad to 2 basket, 2 pad to 3 basket, etc.); it's actually a really good course for this type of round.
At this time I wouldn't say it is worth a long drive, but if you're local and want to play something while waiting for the 18-hole Alum course to re-open, definitely hit it up.