Maricopa, AZ
Tortosa DGC Share
Uploaded By: lion Hole #4 (Taken 2/2012)

Not The Most Beautiful Course!

1    3/14/2015   3/15/2015
Pros: This is one of those stuck in the corner of a new housing development courses. It's designed for members of this community but I really doubt whether any community members ever play. The course sits in a smallish lot with some greenish/brownish grass, some bare dirt and some vacant lot/desert feel. Kind of a hodge podge physical environment in a small 9 hole course.
The course is very easy to navigate, has nice sized patio block tee pads and features DGA baskets which are currently in good condition. Hopefully, they will remain so. Distances ranges from just under 200 feet to a listed 412. There are a few scattered small trees to provide just a bit of challenge and just a tiny bit of elevation.
Cons: The course is fairly unattractive. It doesn't exactly invoke excitement or much interest. The course designers did the best they could with the limited physical terrain. I can't really find any fault with the design.
Other Thoughts: If I lived here in the Tortosa subdivision, I'd play this course occasionally. Like other before have written, I'd probably rather drive 10 minutes down the road to Maricopa and play Maricopa Meadows.

Tortosa is an attractive and easy "get" for us course baggers being just 10 minutes away from Maricopa and it can easily be played in 20 minutes or so.

Nice to have

1    12/26/2012   12/26/2012
Review By: Sunday Mike
This review was updated on 7/16/2013
Pros: This course is extremely easy to navigate and the brick tee pads are nicer than I would have expected for such an out of the way course.
If you are visiting Maricopa Meadows it is only 10 minutes away and makes for a nice double shot.
Most of the shots are short and wide open, though there are a couple of shots which require some shaping.
It is very easy to create your own holes to up the difficulty factor.
Cons: This course is flat, dusty and essentially wide open and it is waaaaay too short. I'm a very short driver and I played the nine at -4. It does get a little close to some houses and if you shank one be prepared to knock on a door!!
Other Thoughts: I live in Phoenix and I made the trip down. If I was just playing Tortosa it would not have been worth the trip. However, if I lived in the attached subdivision I would be on the course almost daily.
The brick tee pads are a nice touch.
I really love these little courses tucked away in subdivisions and this one is definetely loved by someone. So even though I doubt I'll make the trip back from Phoenix, I'm really glad I played it and I applaud the person (people) who installed it. Thank you very much!!

2-4    7/10/2012   11/10/2012
Review By: darwinskatana
Pros: For the beginner it is great. Good for practicing putting and up shots.
Cons: No hard shots at all and all short holes.
Other Thoughts: desert landscaping with one patch of grass. Be careful though you have to make sure you throw straight or you might end up in someones back yard. Some trees but mostly open.