Camdenton, MO
Dragon Ridge Share
Uploaded By: FriedOkra Hole #15 (Taken 10/2012)

Wow!

1    8/23/2014   8/24/2014
Review By: Dsjoats
Pros: Very wooded and requires many different kinds of shots. I'm not sure I've ever putted so far above my head before. Fun stuff. I've ignored my roller shot, and sure wish I had one to use.
Well marked and easy to navigate. I didn't pay attention to every hole, but when I looked for a bench, trash can or sign, there was one right where I needed it.
Cons: Only 13 holes.
I played on a calm evening and the bugs (mosquitoes and horseflies) were very annoying. This is a tiny nit, but it was the only thing that bothered me during my round.
Other Thoughts: The warning about 3-5 is no joke, but these were my favorite holes. Come prepared and don't skip them.
I came from the KC metro area to play this course and struggled to find it using the directions on this site. I'd recommend using your GPS with this address. "2 Ball Park Rd; Camdenton, MO" This is not exact, but if you drive a bit either direction from this spot, you'll see the ball park.

This is a unique course and worth a special trip. I just wish I had time to play it again. Can't go higher that a 3.5 without a full 18 holes.

dragon ridge

5+    1/1/2014   1/5/2014
Review By: kirk
This review was updated on 3/4/2014
Pros: concrete tee pads are all done..work is constantly being done to improve this already awesome coarse, there are multible basket locations to keep it interesting..the local club has put a lot of work into this coarse and it really shows, great signage, benches at most tees, trash cans...sweet
Cons: still needs some stairs and step work but i have no doubt that will be tended to in the near future, a very rugged and heavily wooded coarse, they recommend good footwear and extra water so prepare for this and enjoy .
Other Thoughts: This coarse is a wild ride through the rugged untamed ozark hills..it is a true jewel to play, I truly look forward to every round ..its tough but fair, its cruel but rewarding .if you play this game for a little extra exercise then this is the coarse for you...located at the lake of the ozarks i can see this becoming a destination coarse for many lake visitors..

Chutes and Ladders

1    10/1/2013   10/30/2013
Review By: KClefty
Pros: Great use of elevation and nature's elements. "Next tee" signs near holes work great. Great variety of shots, nothing left in the bag. Course runs naturally along erosion channels cut in limestone formations--you will think you are in the Rockies. Undergrowth is limited b/c of this, so finding discs is easy.
Cons: Pretty steep terrain requiring some stamina and balance--good shoes a must, but course is only 10 holes long so you won't die. Natural tee pads are good. Only con really is lack of 8 more holes! Can't wait.
Other Thoughts: Designer really used all that is there, playing up, down, and across elevation changes. Hole 1 and 2 start up top and are conventional holes with grass fairways, but after that lookout! 3 is strait downhill and then the next few holes wind along a dry creek bed with rock scrabble and fallen timber. As you climb out, the last hole has a nutty placement that is on top of a "termite mound" with trouble on all sides forcing you to putt above your head. Fairways are tight, usually 20-40 ft. wide requiring accuracy off the teepad, and elevation changes work your distance control. there is For a short course, I can't recall one that had more to offer. When this fills out to 18 I bet it will be awewome.

1    5/27/2013   5/27/2013
Review By: Ferrell
This review was updated on 6/9/2013
Pros: Signs for next hole location. Benches at most of tee pads. Nice Baskets. Free.
Cons: Tee pads are gravel or non-existing. Rocks and trees everywhere for your discs to be damaged on (DX plastic or not). Baskets aren't always visible from tee pad. Location of baskets are in very difficult spots for being mostly par 3. Holes are all in the woods, no open long shots. Dangerous terrain.
Other Thoughts: This course is not for beginners. Very "technical" course. Terrain is very rough. Elevation change can be very drastic. Not a full 18 holes but I have been told that is in the works as well as the tee pads being updated. I do give credit to designer and locals who have made the course possible to play.

Woods

5+    4/17/2013   4/19/2013
Review By: stymie247
Pros: Fun, fun and crazy fun. Hills, slopes, banks, trees, rocks, creeks and more! The disc elves change the basket locations often and you never know whats ahead until your there.
Cons: It's not finished, but new things show up in the middle of the night (Aliens). Your discs will get scratched (no big deal).
Other Thoughts: They seem to be covering it all. What's next, a Cabana between 2 & 3? This is a great course and growing. Bring a first timer with you and it will hook them for sure!

Interesting

1    7/31/2012   8/2/2012
Review By: holein1
Pros: -It's a very challenging course, which makes it fun to play.
-The course is very well mapped out, it's easy to find your way around.
-A course you will remember. Meaning a memory of a crazy course.
-There are some benches now
Cons: -Very hilly terrain, dangerous in spots. There are lots of loose rocks that could slip out from under you.
-Holes are in ridiculous places, if the throw isn't great your likely to roll down a hill.
-ROCKS, the chance of you cutting a disc is large. I suggest bringing discs you don't care about.
-Needs to invest in some better tee pads
Other Thoughts: Overall it was a fun course to play. However it was very aggravating. I don't like throwing my discs at rocks or trees, but they are everywhere. I gave it a 2 because it was fun, but not worth it for me.

Destination Course

1    5/12/2012   7/12/2012
Review By: MUTigers
Pros: Unique disc golfing experience. Heavily wooded, extremely hilly, and a whole lot of fun. some extreme pin placements make this course memorable. Leave the drivers in the car and bring your HQ plastic as they will take a beating.
Cons: Not a full 18 not quite sure if they have the room to expand if they wanted to, but I hope they do.
Other Thoughts: If you're making a trip to the Lake of the Ozarks bring your discs.

Chiseled From Missouri Limestone

2-4    2/18/2012   2/21/2012
Review By: DiscMan Walking
Pros: This is the kind of course that you dream about someday building - but seldomly have the property to use with all the elements present at the same time. Mr. Braman found a hardscrabble piece of land with a seldomly used area that just happened to be owned by the city. Viola! The perfect place to build a disc golf course. Fresh out of the box he created and executed a suburb course with many of the elements which ultimately will make a "great" course. The course isn't done yet - it only has 10 holes - but just wait til he lays in those last 8, this will be a Destination Course and put Mid-Missouri on the map! What do I see that he has done right:
1) He didn't unveil it until he had it playable - it is highly playable and frickin FUN!
2) He has temporary signage that would be the envy of courses that have been around for several years.
3) He created a flow from hole to hole that takes you on the best ride in the park - a monster roller coaster ride that starts out slow, gets you to the top of the ride and lets you scream all the way to the bottom only to be whipped right and left and start another climb back up this monster. From there you jump across creeks, through trees, into ravines, and around corners.
4) He created what I like to refer to as "Fair" fairways - most holes (as you can see from his painstakingly well done hole diagrams) you can see the basket right in front of you. Devilishly right in front of you between 180 - 275 ft. That is if you can thread your way through the trees, over the creeks and past the hills. While these lengths are not daunting to the beginning to intermediate player on the flat - add in the 25 degree downhill run, through trees, past the ravine on the right, with a creek bed at the bottom if you overshoot the basket. Now that's fun! I think the popular phrase would be "a technical course".
5) He has used the topography to his advantage - making each hole unique, challenging, and beautiful. This park is awesome for it's natural beauty!
6) It is this good and only a month old - that should say something about when he and his helpers have some decent weather to spiff it up and get some more of the creature comforts that we all like - like stairs, benches, garbage cans, etc...
Cons: Cons - I have noticed that the better the course is the more people whine about things that they would let pass on other courses. Okay, I'll spare you. This course is in better shape for being brand new than many courses I have played that have been around for 10+ years.
I could point out that there are no steps going down some of the hills or up - by the time you play this course I bet he has fixed that.
I could point out that after you climb out of the abyss (a trail that goats would get winded climbing) there isn't a bench to sit on. There again he has plans for strategically placed benches, just hasn't gotten them in yet. Like I said - on other courses you wouldn't dare to mention picayunish stuff like this.
Other Thoughts: Let's review class. Like I said it is fair, fun and challenging - what more do you want from a really good Disc Golf Course? As a special note, he mentions good footwear and water. No kidding - take my advice and wear shoes with a supported sole (like boots). If you wear your Chuck Taylors out there I guarantee the bottoms of your feet will hurt tomorrow - this is chisled out of the Missouri limestone and the course is mostly rocks, trees and creeks.
In closing I would like to reiterate this course is only one month old. There are plans for improvements (stairs, benches, and further refinement) but is still highly playable. A round of 10 will take you over an hour to play so gauge your time accordingly. This will be totally awesome when it is complete with all 18 baskets - when it is, I'll probably move my rating up to 4.5.