Camdenton, MO
Dragon Ridge Share
Uploaded By: FriedOkra Hole #15 (Taken 1/2012)

a hiking trail with a disc golf course

1    7/21/2015   7/21/2015
Review By: specsman
Pros: Great baskets, signage, concrete pads, fun holes, easy to find, ample parking, wildlife, benches, shade, technical, and more...
Cons: I had a hard time finding tee #2 and it appeared that somebody had uprooted the sign and I couldn't see the basket so it took me a while to figure out where I was supposed to go -- but that was the only hole with that problem.
Other Thoughts: I'd almost call this course an Ozark hiking trail that just happens to have a disc golf course along it; but that isn't fair to the fact that it really has some well designed and fun holes.

I always play DG in my sandals but that is NOT an option here. You NEED to wear some good shoes and clothes that you aren't afraid of getting dirty if you end up butt scooting or climbing down a ravine to retrieve your disc. This is not a course that you can write on your scorecard, look at your phone or daydream while walking; if you do, you are likely to have bad day -- watch where you are stepping.

If you are used to flat terrain, you are going to love hole 6. I wished I had a giant bag of discs I didn't care about and could have just thrown discs at that basket all day long. I agree that hole 7 might be the signature hole for the course, its perfect.

I definitely wouldn't take a total beginner or somebody that is afraid of hiking on this course; but if you aren't afraid of a workout, up for a technical course and up for an adventure then its a must play. I'll be playing it everytime I visit family in the area.

hidden gem

1    7/17/2015   7/20/2015
Review By: jaketaco
Pros: Very good use of the land and elevation

Challenging fairways, but not impossible "poke and hope" type holes

Terrain is rocky, so there is not much underbrush that grows like I am accustomed to.

The placements are nice. Some are guarded by trees, some are on the edge of cliffs, one was elevated in the middle of a tree.
Cons: They still need a few tee pads on the newer holes, I am sure they are coming soon though, and the ones that didn't have them weren't on a bad spot to throw from

Not really a con, but this course would not be great for a beginner, if you don't have decent control, you're going to have a rough day.

Other Thoughts: They did a good job designing this course. The terrain is rough, but i loved it. They had a disclaimer, saying that several holes are steep and rugged. You need to be in decent shape and have good footwear. They warned you. I really liked this course, its several hours away, but I'd definitely make the trip again.

side note: Had my first ace ever here, so I'll always have a soft spot for this course, but it genuinely was fun.

dragon ridge

5+    1/1/2014   1/5/2014
Review By: kirk
This review was updated on 3/4/2014
Pros: concrete tee pads are all done..work is constantly being done to improve this already awesome coarse, there are multible basket locations to keep it interesting..the local club has put a lot of work into this coarse and it really shows, great signage, benches at most tees, trash cans...sweet
Cons: still needs some stairs and step work but i have no doubt that will be tended to in the near future, a very rugged and heavily wooded coarse, they recommend good footwear and extra water so prepare for this and enjoy .
Other Thoughts: This coarse is a wild ride through the rugged untamed ozark hills..it is a true jewel to play, I truly look forward to every round ..its tough but fair, its cruel but rewarding .if you play this game for a little extra exercise then this is the coarse for you...located at the lake of the ozarks i can see this becoming a destination coarse for many lake visitors..