Camdenton, MO
Dragon Ridge Share
Uploaded By: FriedOkra Hole #15 (Taken 1/2012)

Beware of Dragon

2-4    3/27/2015   3/28/2015
Review By: CarpeDeezNuts
This review was updated on 3/31/2015
Pros: Dragon Ridge is an excellent course located on the slopes of a heavily wooded hill. It is a beautiful piece of property that makes great use of the trees, ravines, and outcrops. It requires precise shooting and a wide array of shots. There are no particularly long holes, but many holes feel longer due to the narrow windows the course demands you shoot through. This course is very unforgiving if you don't hit your line. One kick off a tree and you are looking at a very difficult up shot with lots of trees in the way.

The monkey trap baskets are quality, and most of the holes have really nice concrete teepads. Almost all the tee pads have a bench and a trash can next to them.

There are many memorable holes for me. Hole 6 is a fun, nearly straight downhill putter throw with tons of trees in the way. Behind the basket is a 10ft drop off to a stream that makes you think about the death putt you are about to attempt. Hole 7 is a bear of a hole that follows the stream at the bottom of the hill. The basket is elevated roughly 15ft on a rocky outcrop. It feels like the signature hole for the course. Hole 14s basket is in a tree! Hole 18 might as well be a pinball machine.
Cons: Some of the footing and walkways are a bit treacherous. Heed the warning signs at the hole 6 tee pad. I'm a spry 26 year old, but lost my footing and cut my hand on a jagged piece of Missouri rock. Be careful on the steep walkway down hole 6 fairway.

This course is really hard on the discs. You WILL hit trees!
Other Thoughts: This course is a must play if you live in the Missouri area or are planning to take a trip to this part of the country. I drove up an hour from Springfield to play and plan on visiting the course many more times in the future. I wish it was closer to my house!

Out of Towner Opinion

1    12/26/2014   1/25/2015
Review By: Chain_Bang
Pros: This course is amazing. Elevation that I can't get back in Texas. I had a ball checking out the line on each tee box I walked up to. Huge variety of throws ranging from short and technical to long bombs. I especially loved the long straight shot that seemed to have 200 feet in elevation drop. Although the hole number has escaped my memory now, the shot hasn't. One basket was exotically placed in a tree high enough they built a ladder to get your disc out. Overall I had a blast and will be back many more times as its just a few minutes from our vacation home! Great job by the designers.
Cons: I took a first timer with me, and probably should have chosen an easier place for him to learn. As he pointed out, one slip here could result in serious injury/death on some of the slopes. To be fair, signs warned of the difficulty ahead and were clearly posted. Hole to hole navigation got a bit confusing here and there but regulars were nearby to advise us. Some of the lines could use a bit of trimming and stump removal, and some walking paths were very difficult.
Other Thoughts: Chain splashed a hole I've never seen before, which is never a bad thing. Heed the signs warning of treacherous holes ahead. I'm not in the best of shape and the 3 holes became very difficult to traverse and contributed to being totally wiped out after 18 holes. Might have been all the elevation change I'm not used to, but for my first course to play in the Ozarks, this was an awesome choice!

Wow!

1    8/23/2014   8/24/2014
Review By: Dsjoats
Pros: Very wooded and requires many different kinds of shots. I'm not sure I've ever putted so far above my head before. Fun stuff. I've ignored my roller shot, and sure wish I had one to use.
Well marked and easy to navigate. I didn't pay attention to every hole, but when I looked for a bench, trash can or sign, there was one right where I needed it.
Cons: Only 13 holes.
I played on a calm evening and the bugs (mosquitoes and horseflies) were very annoying. This is a tiny nit, but it was the only thing that bothered me during my round.
Other Thoughts: The warning about 3-5 is no joke, but these were my favorite holes. Come prepared and don't skip them.
I came from the KC metro area to play this course and struggled to find it using the directions on this site. I'd recommend using your GPS with this address. "2 Ball Park Rd; Camdenton, MO" This is not exact, but if you drive a bit either direction from this spot, you'll see the ball park.

This is a unique course and worth a special trip. I just wish I had time to play it again. Can't go higher that a 3.5 without a full 18 holes.

dragon ridge

5+    1/1/2014   1/5/2014
Review By: kirk
This review was updated on 3/4/2014
Pros: concrete tee pads are all done..work is constantly being done to improve this already awesome coarse, there are multible basket locations to keep it interesting..the local club has put a lot of work into this coarse and it really shows, great signage, benches at most tees, trash cans...sweet
Cons: still needs some stairs and step work but i have no doubt that will be tended to in the near future, a very rugged and heavily wooded coarse, they recommend good footwear and extra water so prepare for this and enjoy .
Other Thoughts: This coarse is a wild ride through the rugged untamed ozark hills..it is a true jewel to play, I truly look forward to every round ..its tough but fair, its cruel but rewarding .if you play this game for a little extra exercise then this is the coarse for you...located at the lake of the ozarks i can see this becoming a destination coarse for many lake visitors..