Ozark, MO
Joe's DGC Share
Uploaded By: Bender Hole #9 (Taken 9/2011)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Great Course lil bit o everything

1    1/12/2014   1/15/2014
Review By: Chain smoker Russ
Pros: Every kind of trick needed to play this course and score par. Easy to find, once you have followed someone. You need a Guide. Bendar is awesome guide, along with Harvey
Cons: I really can't think of one. It takes a guide to figure out course first couple of times. Great Course
Other Thoughts: Contact your friends and let's have a tournament here. It is rugged but great exercise.

Beauty, Passion and Precision

1    8/18/2012   8/20/2012
Review By: Brokensaint
Pros: Joe's DGC is an absolute gem of a course! Situated on 60 some-odd acres of privately owned land (Joe's), the course plays up and down the Ozark hills and is surrounded by a State Park (Mark Twain?). This course demands multiple shot selection (Fore and backhands, flicks, thumbers, rollers and CONFIDENT putts, as many baskets are set against steep dropoffs). The course also demands endurance and stamina, as you are ascending rocky terrain, climbing a few boulder outcroppings, and then making your way back down, then up and down again. The tees are all natural. Bring water, wear good shoes, don't whine :) The course plays long with tight wooded fairways 85-90% of the time and elevation obstacles 90% of the time. Our group drove down from St. Louis and it was more than worth the trip! (If any of you have ever played Dave McCormack's Vichy courses, this reminded me of Akita's Run)
Cons: I am not grading this course on it's CONs. It is a private course made for the love of the game that we were graciously allowed to play. The accoutrements Joe's lacks that normally constitute a 4.5 course are negligible given the fact that the designer (Caleb, who walked us through the course) built this on a friends property and maintains it strictly out of love. But, in the interest of full disclosure, some things to know:
No bathrooms, no trash cans, no benches.
Hornets, ticks, rocks, barbed wire, tree stumps, and only a mention of snakes. You will sweat. You will need deep-woods OFF. You will decide its time to quit smoking.
You will be silenced by the beauty, humbled by the challenge, and you will be sad when the day is over.
Other Thoughts: When trying to arrange this road trip, I had the good fortune to speak with Bender, who was super friendly and accommodating. He made plans to take us around the course, and then when that fell through, he set us up with Caleb, who as it turns out designed the damn thing. Caleb was a super nice guy, great player and all around swell cat. A couple other local guys showed up for the back 9, Tony and Seth. They were welcoming and friendly as well. Does it sound like I'm jocking them? Yup. They were great, no pretension, no ego, just proud of the course and happy to show it. If you can make the trip, Joe's is well worth it. Just make sure you remember it's a private course and treat it as such. Cheers and throw 'em well!

Challenging!

1    6/21/2012   6/22/2012
Review By: Hoeser
Pros: Very challenging and tests almost every shot type.
The single hardest course I've ever played in 4 years of disc golf!
Beautiful views of the Mark Twain National Forest!
Nice Ozark mountain course.. once you find it.
Really opens your eyes to new shots and approach lines because there is rarely a straight line to the baskets!
Well worth the $3 fee.
This is a great place to work on accuracy.
I birdied once here and you really feel a sense of accomplishment (unlike some other courses where that's expected).
Cons: VERY unforgiving if you are not 100% accurate.
Requires crossing barb wire fences a couple times.
Probably easier to play in the winter, lots of trimming needed, but it is a private course after all.
Difficult to see many of the baskets, especially the home made ones (perhaps some paint would be good?)
Other Thoughts: Not for beginners.
You need a guide for sure!
Bender is an awesome guide and very skilled player.
Do not carry a large bag here (all you need is a putter, mid and a couple of drivers).
If you can play well here, you should be able to cash in at ANY tournament!
I shot a 68, and par is 56.

really fun course

1    2/18/2012   3/17/2012
Review By: CastTheFly
Pros: I contacted Bender two days in advance and he was very willing to work out a time to play the course. We had a group of 6 and he arranged for two guides to be there so we could split into separate groups if we wanted to. It also rained the night before we played, so they laid down some dry dirt to clear up the tee pads. Both Bender and Kyle were great guides and fun to play with. They were beyond our skill level but never became impatient with us. The holes were nicely laid and required a variety of throws. All holes had marked tee pads and fairly nice baskets. Some were homemade, but they still caught disc well. The land itself is absolutely gorgeous. It was too cold to get in bull creek on the day that we were there, but you certainly could if you wanted. Overall the course was very fun and one of my favorites in the area. Well worth the three dollar green fee. They also didn't have a problem with me bringing my dog. However, your dog should be well minded because there are other dogs and livestock on the premises.

I shot a 71 and the duration of the round was 2:51.
Cons: The tees and baskets would be impossible to find without a guide. After a rain, the course is likely to be wet since it it's set around a valley. However, they did their best to clean up the tee pass for us when we were there.
Other Thoughts: Be respectful of this beautiful property and leave it better than when you came. Thank you property owner and guides for kindly catering us to a great round of disc golf. We will definitely be back.

up and down the mountain

5+    1/26/2012   1/27/2012
Review By: csbanggin2s
Pros: The Bull Creek valley is one of the most scenic places in Missouri. The course is a monster to play requiring a player to have a big arm in the open and pinpoint accuracy in the woods. When playing the course each hole is a different challenge requiring alot of different shots.
Cons: The Tee's are rough, there are many wet weather springs on the mountain causing some holes to remain soggy days after a rain. You must cross barbed wire twice. The course has been in for almost a year and there are alot of stumps and stobs.
Other Thoughts: I designed the course with the property owner and a few locals. My best score is 60 and average 63. If your in swmo and want a challenging, beautiful track to play then look us up on facebook ozark's flying disc club or contact bender 620-388-1664

Bad to the Bone

5+    1/20/2012   1/22/2012
Review By: Bender
Pros: Very difficult. Lots of elevation change on holes. My favorite course to play for difficulty, scenery, elevation and a good workout. You will use about every type of throw you can come up with. Most of the course is in the woods with several holes playing up against national forest. You can camp on the property. I will have pictures up just as soon as I can figure out how to resize all the photos.
Cons: Tee boxes are in rough shape right now. They are natural and are super slippery after it has rained. This course is definitely not for beginners. Groups of more than four will take 3 or more hours to play so get there early.
Other Thoughts: We are still constantly working to improve this course. We still have a lot of trees we want to take out and brush piles to burn. I played my best round out there 2 days ago and shot a 56 which right now is the course record on all 18 holes for singles. The course will test you. Please contact me 6203881664 or like us on facebook: Ozark's Flying Disc Club and leave a message so someone can take you out there and show you around.