Ozark, MO
Joe's DGC Share
Uploaded By: Bender Hole #9 (Taken 9/2011)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #9 Mid-Fairway: Basket is 30' in on the left where the road turns right.

Challenging!

1    6/21/2012   6/22/2012
Review By: Hoeser
Pros: Very challenging and tests almost every shot type.
The single hardest course I've ever played in 4 years of disc golf!
Beautiful views of the Mark Twain National Forest!
Nice Ozark mountain course.. once you find it.
Really opens your eyes to new shots and approach lines because there is rarely a straight line to the baskets!
Well worth the $3 fee.
This is a great place to work on accuracy.
I birdied once here and you really feel a sense of accomplishment (unlike some other courses where that's expected).
Cons: VERY unforgiving if you are not 100% accurate.
Requires crossing barb wire fences a couple times.
Probably easier to play in the winter, lots of trimming needed, but it is a private course after all.
Difficult to see many of the baskets, especially the home made ones (perhaps some paint would be good?)
Other Thoughts: Not for beginners.
You need a guide for sure!
Bender is an awesome guide and very skilled player.
Do not carry a large bag here (all you need is a putter, mid and a couple of drivers).
If you can play well here, you should be able to cash in at ANY tournament!
I shot a 68, and par is 56.

really fun course

1    2/18/2012   3/17/2012
Review By: CastTheFly
Pros: I contacted Bender two days in advance and he was very willing to work out a time to play the course. We had a group of 6 and he arranged for two guides to be there so we could split into separate groups if we wanted to. It also rained the night before we played, so they laid down some dry dirt to clear up the tee pads. Both Bender and Kyle were great guides and fun to play with. They were beyond our skill level but never became impatient with us. The holes were nicely laid and required a variety of throws. All holes had marked tee pads and fairly nice baskets. Some were homemade, but they still caught disc well. The land itself is absolutely gorgeous. It was too cold to get in bull creek on the day that we were there, but you certainly could if you wanted. Overall the course was very fun and one of my favorites in the area. Well worth the three dollar green fee. They also didn't have a problem with me bringing my dog. However, your dog should be well minded because there are other dogs and livestock on the premises.

I shot a 71 and the duration of the round was 2:51.
Cons: The tees and baskets would be impossible to find without a guide. After a rain, the course is likely to be wet since it it's set around a valley. However, they did their best to clean up the tee pass for us when we were there.
Other Thoughts: Be respectful of this beautiful property and leave it better than when you came. Thank you property owner and guides for kindly catering us to a great round of disc golf. We will definitely be back.