Ozark, MO
Joe's DGC Share
Uploaded By: Bender Hole #9 (Taken 9/2011)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #9 Mid-Fairway: Basket is 30' in on the left where the road turns right.

Great Course lil bit o everything

1    1/12/2014   1/15/2014
Review By: Chain smoker Russ
Pros: Every kind of trick needed to play this course and score par. Easy to find, once you have followed someone. You need a Guide. Bendar is awesome guide, along with Harvey
Cons: I really can't think of one. It takes a guide to figure out course first couple of times. Great Course
Other Thoughts: Contact your friends and let's have a tournament here. It is rugged but great exercise.

Beauty, Passion and Precision

1    8/18/2012   8/20/2012
Review By: Brokensaint
Pros: Joe's DGC is an absolute gem of a course! Situated on 60 some-odd acres of privately owned land (Joe's), the course plays up and down the Ozark hills and is surrounded by a State Park (Mark Twain?). This course demands multiple shot selection (Fore and backhands, flicks, thumbers, rollers and CONFIDENT putts, as many baskets are set against steep dropoffs). The course also demands endurance and stamina, as you are ascending rocky terrain, climbing a few boulder outcroppings, and then making your way back down, then up and down again. The tees are all natural. Bring water, wear good shoes, don't whine :) The course plays long with tight wooded fairways 85-90% of the time and elevation obstacles 90% of the time. Our group drove down from St. Louis and it was more than worth the trip! (If any of you have ever played Dave McCormack's Vichy courses, this reminded me of Akita's Run)
Cons: I am not grading this course on it's CONs. It is a private course made for the love of the game that we were graciously allowed to play. The accoutrements Joe's lacks that normally constitute a 4.5 course are negligible given the fact that the designer (Caleb, who walked us through the course) built this on a friends property and maintains it strictly out of love. But, in the interest of full disclosure, some things to know:
No bathrooms, no trash cans, no benches.
Hornets, ticks, rocks, barbed wire, tree stumps, and only a mention of snakes. You will sweat. You will need deep-woods OFF. You will decide its time to quit smoking.
You will be silenced by the beauty, humbled by the challenge, and you will be sad when the day is over.
Other Thoughts: When trying to arrange this road trip, I had the good fortune to speak with Bender, who was super friendly and accommodating. He made plans to take us around the course, and then when that fell through, he set us up with Caleb, who as it turns out designed the damn thing. Caleb was a super nice guy, great player and all around swell cat. A couple other local guys showed up for the back 9, Tony and Seth. They were welcoming and friendly as well. Does it sound like I'm jocking them? Yup. They were great, no pretension, no ego, just proud of the course and happy to show it. If you can make the trip, Joe's is well worth it. Just make sure you remember it's a private course and treat it as such. Cheers and throw 'em well!

Bad to the Bone

5+    1/20/2012   1/22/2012
Review By: Bender
Pros: Very difficult. Lots of elevation change on holes. My favorite course to play for difficulty, scenery, elevation and a good workout. You will use about every type of throw you can come up with. Most of the course is in the woods with several holes playing up against national forest. You can camp on the property. I will have pictures up just as soon as I can figure out how to resize all the photos.
Cons: Tee boxes are in rough shape right now. They are natural and are super slippery after it has rained. This course is definitely not for beginners. Groups of more than four will take 3 or more hours to play so get there early.
Other Thoughts: We are still constantly working to improve this course. We still have a lot of trees we want to take out and brush piles to burn. I played my best round out there 2 days ago and shot a 56 which right now is the course record on all 18 holes for singles. The course will test you. Please contact me 6203881664 or like us on facebook: Ozark's Flying Disc Club and leave a message so someone can take you out there and show you around.