Waco, TX
Brazos Park East Share
Uploaded By: cc0049 Hole #14 (Taken 6/2008)

great front 9, not so great back 9

2-4    10/18/2014   1/18/2015
Review By: griff17
Pros: The whole front 9 is really good "park golf". Nothing really tight and just scattered trees. There are several " duece" holes and some big par 4's. Distances on par 4's were well thought out. Ob street,sidewalks and a pond make you think before just crushing something with no concern for a bad finish. There were several ways to attack most holes. Again, I really liked this half of the course.
Cons: I strongly dislike 6-7 of the holes on the backside of this course. Bottlenecks at 70-90% of the way down long tight fairways, low canopies, tons of random trees littering already tight fairways...I understand this portion of the course was recently revamped and may beat in a little, but not near enough to be what I would consider "fair"ways. This is much luck required to navigate this course.
Other Thoughts: Let me say this so you know where my review comes from, I am a 5th year pro rated as high as 990. 90% of the golf I play now is tournament golf for $. I review the actual course with aesthetics and amenities playing only a small role bit those will be included in this summary. I take into account % of good holes to bad and give extra credit accordingly.
This course is in a beautiful park on a beautiful river, but I would only play this course for casual or dubs play because of the unnatural lines and luck factor on the backside.

Bring a BIG arm! :)

1    10/4/2014   10/12/2014
Review By: Joe6Pack
Pros: - Front 9 is very well maintained in community park
- Variety of open/tight, varying elevation, and water holes
- Great tee pads, signs and baskets
- Lots of challenge (mostly due to long distances)
- Tons of trees make for good play and lots of shade
- OBs provide extra challenge
Cons: - Ridiculously long course
- Somewhat difficult to navigate (especially back 9)
Other Thoughts: While I enjoy airing out 400-450 ft drives, it seems this course relies a little too much on having a long arm. Would like to see a little more touch lines on the course, especially in the heavily wooded back 9 (so much potential). This course really challenges your distance accuracy, so make some smart shots, otherwise you'll be searching for discs in dense trees and brush (be prepared to lose a disc or two). This course is definitely not beginner friendly. If you want that go across the river to the main park.